Announcement: New/updated in HaikuDepot (2023)

We now have the new version of Noto Emoji, a monochrome emoji font redone by google. The new version covers all unicode again, supports variable weights and brings back the blob emoji.

In my opinion this looks really good, This will most likely be the default emoji font for Haiku going forward, replacing the previous identically named Noto emoji that has not been maintained for some time.

Font page: Noto Emoji - Google Fonts

googles blog: What is black and white and read all over? — Google for Developers Blog - News about Web, Mobile, AI and Cloud

10 Likes

Oh nice, the return of the blobs! Missed them from earlier iterations of Noto Emoji.

1 Like

Anagramarama, a classic (had it also around at BeOS time):

Seems something wrong though, doesn’t seem to take my word :rofl:

11 Likes

So it puzzles you a bit more than initially intended :rofl:

1 Like

After a few replies at Small usefull app for painting, mtPaint - #22 by Begasus with @dasouth here it is, I haven’t been able to set it up with gmail (but no real experience with any email app on Haiku so far).

Balsa! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: The email client Balsa

Is there a way to know which software is native to Haiku/Be and which is ported from other *nix systems?

It would be great to have this information that could be obtained in an automated way.

For my needs, I start trying the native software . Only if it doesn’t satisfy my needs I’d go with the ported one.

1 Like

The way I can tell if software is native because the package is small and starts instantly.

Yes, but it would be better to know it before having to install and try.

There is a size column in the HaikuDepot app. However, since the app itself can be small but have massive dependencies, it’s not always a good indicator. A click on the package’s website link (bottom left) is often a good indicator for Haiku nativeness. If it’s HaikuArchives it’s pretty much guaranteed, if it’s a website with download links for Windows, MacOS and Linux it’s not… :slight_smile:

Updated CudaText to latest release 1.198.0.0, enjoy (builldmasters still running the builds).
Released packages for 32bit and 64bit at Release CudaText 1.198.0.0 for Haiku · Begasus/CudaText-Haikuports · GitHub

Update, buildmaster finished, available in the depot now for both arch’s. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: Boost issues

New in the depot for 32bit and 64bit, Xournal++

14 Likes

Now we need pen and touch support :wink:

1 Like

You can still use Text input and type your notes untill then :wink:

1 Like

Pen and Touch already works. What we don’t have is Multitouch. From kernel side, It isn’t a lot of work, I have already done some work on it, I could have it ready in no longer than a noon work session. But there is even more work to do from user space side. Doing a reference API and/or patching Qt, Gtk, SDL, …

4 Likes

That is great news, thank you

Usualy not a big deal to update doxygen, but now it comes with an extra package “doxygen_gui” :slight_smile:

Upcomming: DjView (I know we already got a DjVu translator, but this could be an addition to it :slight_smile:

Updated, vlc 3.0.18, playing multiple media files (reminds me of the BeOS days) :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Digger

Digger is a arcade-style game, this is the unix port(2002) of the remastered version(1998).
My father used to play this game when he was three years old.

12 Likes

Brings back old memories indeed. I had lot of fun playing this on an XT with CGA monitor. :smiley: Thanks!

1 Like