Announcement: New/updated in HaikuDepot (2023)

OpenToonz - upcoming version 1.7.0 - https://opentoonz.github.io/

21 Likes

Some idea for icon
OpenToonz

6 Likes

moho replacement ?

2 Likes

Too bad Moho source code isn’t available for rectifying.

1 Like

Nice one, a really good starting point.
The drawback is that the stack of paper is too thick.
OpenToonz icon represents the traditional animation paper stack that goes on a pegboard in a light table, it never has such a big quantity of paper toghether, as the pegs that hold it in place are way smaller than that. And the peg holes need to be drawn of course, they are what makes the icon recognizable as an animation related program.
OpenToonz

Also, it sits on a desk that point towards the animators face:

A good compromise will be to do the first two papers (the one with the OT letters and the one just behind it), simply laying flat and pointing upwards:
Open toonz icon proposal by hfs.fox, suggestion by Handmaus

But even as it is right now, just reducing the thickness and including the tree peg holes will look OK to me.

16 Likes

A new UploadIt version is now available at the HaikuDepot.
Thanks to Zach Dykstra, it now also handles uploading a single folder (which gets zipped) and uses notifications to communicate what it’s doing.

9 Likes

As some may have noticed, a new release for haikuporter has been tagged and is available though the depot.
You can see the highlights for this change at: Release HaikuPorter 1.2.7 · haikuports/haikuporter · GitHub

3 Likes

Not totally new (work from @3dEyes ), but with a push to enable libiptcdata for secondary architecture on 32bit, we now have RawTherapee available for 32bit also. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Neat! If we get Digikam going too Id have my entire photo workflow available on Haiku!

Edit: I checked and digiKam is available already! Happy surprise!

10 Likes

We are reaching the stage where we may need sub-forums for specific use-cases - like photo editing.
I would really love to be able to have a work-flow from RAW file to finished jpg in Haiku. It looks as though it’s possible, but we need it to work well.
BTW, there are possibly millions of people who would like this.

5 Likes

Endgame: Singularity (singularity) and Hex-a-hop (hex_a_hop) are now available in HaikuDepot! Special thanks to @Begasus, @jmairboeck, and @humdinger for helping out:

Endgame: Singularity:

Endgame: Singularity is a simulation of a true AI. Go from computer to computer, pursued by the entire world. Keep hidden, and you might have a chance.

Hex-a-hop:

Hex-a-Hop is a hexagonal tile-based puzzle game with one simple goal: destroy all green tiles! There are infinite undos and no time limits – you just have to find a way to destroy all the green tiles and step on a safe
tile at the end.

As you progress through the game, more types of tiles are introduced which
make things more difficult and interesting as you progress through the many levels. You can use the infinite undo feature to retrace your steps if you make a mistake.

11 Likes

Really good news. I edited my photos on my Macbook so far. Mainly because of the really good display. Most of the time I use Dark Table and Gimp. But I will try Raw Therapee as well. Gimp is also here, so perhaps I change my workflow to Haiku and give it a try.

1 Like

For Haiku digikam 7.6 (?) is in the depot, for Win/Mac/Linux version 7.10 is released.

Please keep this thread on track, the anouncement of new/updated applications arriving at HaikuDepot. Suggestions to port/update software, consider opening a ticket at https://github.com/haikuports/haikuports/issues.

2 Likes

May I present: SAMEDI

Samedi is a little app to load audio samples into up to 8 pads and assign them to MIDI notes. The samples can then be played back by pressing the set key on your MIDI keyboard. Alternatively, Samedi also reacts to the number keys on your computer keyboard.

Now available at the HaikuDepot.

Here the screenshot from its Help page, which conveniently also pretty much explains its usage:

Important:
If you experience relatively long delays between hitting a key and hearing a sound, your sound driver’s buffers may be too large. See Samedi’s Help how to solve this issue.

24 Likes

Is this some kind of hw/sw limitation?

It’s the number of pads I used, because many MIDI Controllers (and mine) have 8 pads alongside the keyboard. If you need more, you can start another instance of Samedi.

I guess that you’re also limited by the mapped numbers on keyboard… Unless you made that configurable.

That kinda too. Though the computer-keyboard-numberkeys are only meant as a quick fallback, if you’ve mislayed your MIDI keyboard. :slight_smile:
It’ll also prevent running several Samedis for more pads, because they’ll all react to the same key then. [Edit: Actually, no, but only the active Samedi window will respond to the key…]

I don’t see making the app more complicated by allowing to config the computer-keys. People without hardware MIDI controller can run MidiSynth and have a full costumizable keyboard.

1 Like

Fellow Haiku enthusiasts, this time it’s my turn to announce a new version of ffmpegGUI that was developed over the past 2 months in collaboration with @humdinger.

Well, here it is, version 1.2. It’s available via HaikuDepot/pkgman or in source form at GitHub - HaikuArchives/ffmpegGUI: GUI for FFmpeg

The main new features are:

• a job manager that enables queueing and running multiple encoding jobs
  • a cropping tab with a graphical cropping preview, so you can actually see which area you are cropping
  • a quite detailed help page explaining the different functionality of the program

Furthermore there are several small improvements, if you want the details please take a look at the release notes at Release Release 1.2 · HaikuArchives/ffmpegGUI · GitHub

A big thank you goes out to @humdinger and to everybody else that contributed to this release, especially the translators over at the Polyglot project (https://i18n.kacperkasper.pl/)

Hope you enjoy this release! Bug reports (every software has bugs, right? :wink: ) at the issue tracker on the github page please :slight_smile:

19 Likes