Announcement: New/updated in HaikuDepot (2023)

This is a thread strictly for short announcements of new or updated software.
If you find problems with the presented software or encounter any other issues, please open a new specfic topic to avoid derailing this thread.

These topics are a yearly installment to avoid one very long mega-thread.

Past announcements:

13 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: Announcement: New/updated in HaikuDepot (2016)

6 posts were split to a new topic: Where to submit HPKGs, or should I start my own repo?

44 posts were merged into an existing topic: Announcement: New/updated in HaikuDepot (2017)

29 posts were merged into an existing topic: Announcement: New/updated in HaikuDepot (2018)

43 posts were merged into an existing topic: Announcement: New/updated in HaikuDepot (2019)

30 posts were merged into an existing topic: Announcement: New/updated in HaikuDepot (2020)

98 posts were merged into an existing topic: Announcement: New/updated in HaikuDepot (2021)

39 posts were merged into an existing topic: Announcement: New/updated in HaikuDepot (2022)

@BlueSky and I have been busy and are pleased to announce:
ffmpegGUI is now available from HaikuDepot!

ffmpegGUI is a tool for transcoding and converting audio/video files using the multiplatform ffmpeg suite. While ffmpeg is extremely powerful, it can be intimidating to construct the correct parameters on the commandline.

ffmpegGUI’s native interface lets you choose source and output files, set audio/video codecs and container format, bitrate, framerate, samplerate etc., change video resolution and crop the picture.

32 Likes

Nice work!!! Had been laying around for a while, congrats! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Catch2 recipe added to haikuports at: catch2, new recipe by Begasus · Pull Request #7866 · haikuports/haikuports · GitHub

Thanks @humdinger for managing the release! I’m quite proud of how this little tool evolved over the past months. Was great fun and a good learning experience.

6 Likes

New packages for tcllib and tklib available for install. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

this replaces mediaconverter ? which iirc was broken

No, it’s a third-party application.

gotcha, maybe update media converter or replace it.

does the pineapple icon program work ? iirc it was broken sometime ago

Media Converter is working, but it uses the Media Kit which is broken. We should fix the Media Kit because these issues will appear in any other app which tries to use the Media Kit to encode files. There is no reason to remove Media Converter, it is the easiest way to test for this problem.

8 Likes

Pineapple icon program is Handbrake.

2 Likes

P L E A S E :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes