My progress in Wayland compatibility layer

What’s with the font, out of interest?!

From looking into the 32bit build it seems to use Monospace Regular 10 there.

Gotcha! Is there any easy way to make it use the Haiku fonts? Seems like that’s the only thing missing now :grinning:

Everything looks great - I need to get my Haiku laptop working again this weekend. I have an ARM MacBook and I doubt Parallels supports Haiku at the moment…

2 Likes

You can run it through qemu-system-x86_64 from Asahi and via UTM on MacOS.

2 Likes

You can set font preferences in the app :slight_smile:

Other then that, haven’t been able to create a recipe for it :frowning:

Youtube:

Some Javascript canvas game.

Google maps:

Google street view:

37 Likes

Maybe @waddlesplash can implement lacked of POSIX calls such as SOCK_DGRAM and other needed. As part of contract job? :slightly_smiling_face: :+1: Then we got good browser such as Epiphany.

And who knows maybe implemeting this lacked calls will help with QtWebEngine crashes.

5 Likes

Amazing work (again) X512!

2 Likes

Looking fantastic. Perhaps midori could be forked from before they switched away from webkitgtk? A quick search showed no other browsers currently using webkitgtk, except a couple that don’t look actively developed.

Webkit GTK is primary used by default GNOME browser Epiphany ( GNOME Web). @3dEyes managed to build it already:

18 Likes

Aha! Nice :smiley:

1 Like

Do you have a repo for this somewhere?

Did you try with Midori? it is a gtkwebkit browser too.

I tried to build Midori, but there are build problems related to the work of vala and introspection.

5 Likes

That is sad. Midori is a good webbrowser, very complete.

It’s not that hard :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think he’s talking about the UI font being monospace

1 Like

OK, other than the one shown in the screenshot I haven’t been able (so far) to track down where it puts the UI font.

Epiphany (GNOME Web) browser (gtk3 with CSD disabled - gtk3-classic patches applied)

28 Likes

Bang on right, yes!