My Haiku RISC-V port progress

Can you spin up a kernel add-on accelerant for the ata differences ? maybe just move these changes to 64b haiku ?

1 Like

Is there a known list of compatible boards ??? I’m working on porting machine kit to haiku x86-64, but when I’m done I’m working on embedded boards next.

I may need help with porting the hal, thankfully linuxcnc and machine kit share that.

You mean this one? GitHub - machinekit/machinekit-hal: Universal framework for machine control based on Hardware Abstraction Layer principle

yes, exactly that one, there drivers below it, I am still learning my way around the code base and design.

wowza… That is a NICE looking kit. As long as it has a rv64gc core, 1 GIB or more of memory, and upstream u-boot support Haiku should run on it just fine. (1GiB of ram is a little tight though)

3 Likes

Are you going to port Haiku to the Nezha X512?

1 Like
5 Likes

The birds are chirping with the Beagle Risc V for sale in September.

Cheers!

there’s an update also from pine64:

June Update: Who likes RISC-V?

6 Likes

I’m eagerly awaiting desktop workstation type performance.

1 Like

I2C HID input with RVVM emulator (GitHub discussion).

With cooperation with RVVM author, we improve RVVM Haiku guest support. I made Haiku Opencores I2C controller driver and WIP virtual I2C HID tablet device for RVVM.

Current Haiku I2C bus and I2C HID drivers are too ACPI centered and I made some changes to make allow it work with FDT bus:

• I do not register devices in I2C bus manager node and use FDT nodes directly instead.
  • I2C device drivers discover I2C bus manager node by searching node with attribute “device/driver” = “bus_managers/i2c/bus/driver_v1” in parent node.

If I understand correctly @korli is original author of I2C bus code.

19 Likes

Still waiting for my RISC board, will come very soon. I am super excited.

1 Like

same one received visionfive 2 …

8 Likes

Lucky devil! Still waiting for mine. Was hoping it would arrive before Xmas but not had shipping notification yet

still waiting on mine… though I have the SiFive machine sitting next to me. I have no right to be jealous. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

If my SiDi had a bigger FPGA, I’d like to try the SonicBOOM as part of the RocketChip framework.

Mine arrived today, but I gave it to my wife to give me for xmas :smiley:

7 Likes

:joy: can you wait a week until xmas?

3 Likes