Mesa - latest version - on Haiku x86 (32 bit) and x86_64 (64 bit)

glteapot_2401_cocobean

haiku_mesa_22_2_2_GLInfo

Mesa 22.2.2 on Haiku 56554 x64.

Update 2022-10-26:

• Updated recipe to Mesa 22.2.2.
  • GLInfo - No crash on exit (retested on hrev56563 x64)
6 Likes

The Matrox Millennium was (at that time) ‘driven’ to top performance in this way (continuous driver optimization)!

1 Like

Could you test how this project runs with updated Mesa, and the corresponding drivers?

It’s GTA 3 compiled and running on Haiku, unfortunately I don’t have hardware to run it on, since I have a CPU without iGPU and an RTX. So I have had to run everything in a virtual machine, which is why it runs at less than 0.5 FPS

I would like to know if it is minimally playable on real hardware, or if the code could be optimized in some way so that it runs better on Haiku

re3 - Haiku

In the wiki section there are the instructions to compile it, you may need a copy of the base game to extract the assets, if you don’t have one write me I’ll give you a copy

6 Likes

I could not find it. Where did you upload the recipe or files to?

Haikuports showing 22.0.5-2 in repository.

glinfo shows 22.0.5 on hrev56595 Haiku.

1 Like

I have it up to Mesa 22.2.4. Some games have rendering issues so on hold for now.

Any updates on this one? (cf. me working on this :slight_smile: )

1 Like

See: mesa: added 22.2.2 by kenmays · Pull Request #7329 · haikuports/haikuports (github.com)

I’ve migrated the existing Haiku patches to Mesa 22.3.1. There is a Haiku GL related rendering bug with certain games (i.e. Speed Dreams, Colobot).

Kallisti5/X512/others mainly contribute to Mesa implementation on Haiku.

Use Mesa 22.0.5/R1B4 for any stable development/testing/review for now.

4 Likes

can’t wait to test the new mesa with zink on cpu

Has that bug been filed?

No. The bug is moreso a patch enhancement request due to Mesa 22.3.x upstream changes.

I’ve listed a few of the applications affected by those upstream changes in the mentioned PR .

Anyone not caring about those specific affected applications may use the newer test builds of Mesa.]

UPDATE:
mesa-22.2.5_haiku
Mesa 22.2.5 on Haiku hrev56671 x64

2 Likes

Haiku is getting more appreciation:

A screenshot from kallisti5:

Congratulations to developers. :partying_face:

16 Likes

Kudos to @X512 , mesa, wayland, wine, riscv… did i forget somthing else?, all of that in a short period of time.

3 Likes

Haiku code officially included (and hence supported) by a big project such as mesa sounds way more than appreciation, it is more like seeing haiku under the spotlight (something like scummvm recently supporting KolibriOS).
Kudos to the whole developer team!

4 Likes

Haiku code has been included in Mesa for several years now (thanks to Kallisti5’s work)

3 Likes

I didn’t mean to diminish Kallisti5’s work on mesa, i know the work he had been doing for quite awhile, i just meant to acknowledge the latest additions X512 has done together with the rest of the things i mentioned. (in case your reply was meant to me?)

It was in reply to the above message saying “Haiku code officially included (and hence supported) by a big project”, just pointing out that this is not a first for Mesa. No devaluation meant the efforts by x512 to bring our 3D rendering up to date.

2 Likes

Never meant to say this was the first inclusion in mesa, sorry for my un-clear message.
I know how much effort Kallisti5 and x512 (and maybe others) dedicated to this since years.

Development effort: x512, Kallisti5, (and others)… :wink:

Recent progress build to a recent Mesa 3D Graphics Library on Haiku:

• libglvnd 1.6.0 (git-179d727) :white_check_mark:

• Mesa 23.1.0-devel (git-ba537ac25a) :white_check_mark:

• 4.6 (Compatibility Profile) :white_check_mark:
    • Gallium drivers: zink, swrast :white_check_mark:
    • Vulkan drivers: amd, intel, swrast :white_check_mark:
  • Haiku’s RadeonGfx driver :white_check_mark:

• Mesa Demos 9.0.0 :white_check_mark:

• GPU:

• AMD Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition card :white_check_mark:
    • Intel HD Graphics 4600 :white_check_mark:

This x86/x64 build reflects the new Haiku graphics stack proposed by X512. Progress seems good with the recent Mesa changes upstream.

14 Likes

Its really exist the driver for hardware 3D for Radeon SI on ARM. How its working, what a performance? Please give me some more information. What is the chance of such a driver for x86/64 and what is the problem that there is this driver on Arm and not on x64?

The ARM build does not boot to toe oesktop and has no drivers for now. I think you are confused in some way?