Abcd ejstt gggb

SceenShoot (excerpt) include IPv6 …

include_IPv6

Möchtest du mitschreiben was das Programm beim ausführen ausgibt, dann starte es über den Terminal:

cd /pfad/zum/programmordner
programm-name > /boot/home/programmname.log
1 Like

Danke für den Hinweis, Lelldorin!

Hello!
I don’t know if it’s relevant. After starting Ancestris11-Haiku64 the following log file was written:
hs_err_pid1471.log
Upload is not allowed.

Zurga from the Ancestris team wrote to me:

Seems to me that the problem is still in Java port, only Netbeans is initializing and trouble with getting network adapter information.
The stack trace shows trouble in libnet.so

It’s a reported issue: https://github.com/haikuports/haikuports/issues/4212

1 Like

Thanks Korli!
I am really an ‘unprepared’ user to be able to have a say here.
I uninstalled the ‘netbeans_bin 8.2-1’ (HaikuDepot) and everything works as before.

OpenJDK 8 has been rebuilt and Ancestris 11 (latest, nightly) starts without error message!
Thanks for that!

1 Like

Google-Translator:

Korli, you were kind enough to create a recipe for Ancestris and make it available for installation via HaikuDepot.
At the moment, OpenJDK11 is (still) installed in parallel.

According to Zurga (Ancestris Support), Ancestris 10 (stable version) requires OpenJDK8, so it is not fully compatible with OpenJDK11.
Whereas Ancestris 11 (updated almost daily, nightly) is ‘also’ fully compatible with OpenJDK11.

Ancestris-Documentation: “We recommend you use Java 8.”
https://docs.ancestris.org/books/user-guide/page/java-installation

I prefer the ‘future’ version Ancestris11, because it is updated almost daily / nightly.

The previous Java error message before Ancestis was started occurred once after Ancestris was started. However, not immediately afterwards, but only after clicking on (forgotten). Ancestris was then terminated, but could be restarted immediately without Java complaining again.
Ancestris11 started in the window for the first time (as always), but then as I ended it.

There are some (perhaps unimportant) little things, if you are interested.

Addendum:
The above applies ONLY to Haiku 64Bit!
Ancestris starts under Haiku-32Bit (with a Java error message before Ancestris starts), but behaves completely differently and virtually unusable.

Another aspect of java apps… it seem majority java write configuration file with dot version
aka .appname and not on /boot/home/config.
it seem default there set on java/jre?

Openjdk11 is now upgraded to 11.0.9. Hope it helps. Please check if issues you see are already reported:

3 Likes

Thank you Korli for your commitment!

Yes, Korli, it helps! Thank you!
Now Ancestris11 starts under Haiku64Bit with OpenJDK8 and OpenJDK11 without an error message!

Ancestris11-Haiku64-OpenJDK11.0.9+11

Addendum:
Unfortunately ONLY if openjdk10_bin is installed at the same time (see following post)!

2 Likes

The Memory size management is a bug in the last version of Ancestris.
This should be corrected tomorrow.
Meanwhile, just save your memory settings.
When Ancestris relaunch, close it and open again.
The memory size should be taken in account.
This is not related to the Java port.

I just see that the ScreenShots tear up pupils - no chance to see the essentials!
A click in ‘Screenshot’ on ‘Settings’ shows me only a mini-window 1x1 cm without content …

hi Polli,

thanks for your efforts, a few remarks:

• I tested Ancestris 10 (with OpenJDK11) from HaikuDepot on x86_64. It’s working relatively OK.
  • I reproduced the mini-window problem (actually an old bug, see https://github.com/haikuports/haikuports/issues/4209 ). This mini-window has a resize button on the right-bottom corner. I can resize the window and see its contents.
  • OpenJDK11 is different from OpenJDK8 on its memory management, on x86_64 it tries to allocate a 1GB metaspace area. See https://github.com/haikuports/haikuports/issues/4211 . Make sure you enabled swap in “Virtual memory” Haiku preferences, otherwise it won’t start. One can try to start Ancestris in the terminal to see possible errors.
  • OpenJDK tries to allocate some contiguous memory areas, for example 1GB, it’s possible that on 32-bit a fragmented virtual space doesn’t allow that. 64-bit doesn’t have this problem, but as said before, swap should be available to accommodate the Haiku strict memory allocation policy (no overcommit).
  • The ancestris10 package has its config file in /system/apps/ancestris/etc, which happens to be a readonly directory, thus ancestris cannot modify this file, only write in user home ancestris config file.
  • Ancestris11 isn’t interessant to package at HaikuPorts, because the source tarball is each day the same name, haikuporter would complain each day that the validity checksum is incorrect. Though I can add a disabled recipe, that one can locally adjust and build, if desired. @Zurga any chance to have archived snapshots (one per month for instance)?
1 Like

@Korli : I’m not sure an Ancestris 11 package is relevant.
As you said, this is a daily zip with all needed files to launch the application.
We don’t archive the package.

Zurga

Korli, I want to say thank you again!

When it comes to that:
The current stable version (currently 10) of Ancestris should appear in the Haiku Depot.
Gladly with the reference to the nightly updated version.
This significantly reduces the effort on the part of Haiku (HaikuDepot).

The so-called Mini-window problem is permanent under Haiku32Bit, under Haiku64Bi only (again) after my switch from OpenJDK8 to OpenJDK11. Going back brought no improvement!
The mini-window problem is less extreme (and not in the shapes) under Haiku64 than under Haiku32.

In retrospect, it occurs to me that I updated Haiku just before the ‘changes’.
Perhaps actually a haiku problem and less that of the OpenJDK port.

Haiku apparently carries a lot of OLD (and insiders known) mistakes with it …

The virtual memory in / for Haiku is activated. Which settings should I make?

Well, nothing is impossible of course. The thing is, in haikuports we normally download a specific version of the software, and verify it is the right one with a checksum. If we don’t do that, and an user reports a bug, it is difficult to know which version exactly they are using, and it can lead to a lot of confusion and frustration in trying to investigate problems that maybe are already fixed.

So, we decide to package only things we are sure we can reproduce. Since the zip changes all the time here, it is not the case, and we prefer to wait until there is a stable version.

That’s ok and exactly my opinion!

Ancestris10 is the stable version of the software and Ancestris11 is the daily / nightly updated version.
It may take a year from a currently stable version to the next stable version.