Is nightly build missing Web Positive? How to download it?

Trying to download and install nightly build of R1 ALpha 3. See it is only like 150MB versus the 240MB of stock one. My guess, nightly builds are missing all sorts of stuff the stock one has?

What is it missing that I need to download and install and if one of the apps is Web Positive, how can I download it to my nightly build if I have no browser?

Is it a command in terminal that will get my my browser back?

And what is that command?

Thanks

tj

In terminal type

installoptionalpackage -a webpositive

Hello,

a couple more suggestions:

run

installoptionalpackage

(with no options or with option -h) and you will see the options available.

Running

installoptionalpackage -l

will list what you already have and what can be downloaded (directly from the appropriate repository without using a browser - you need network up of course :wink:

There are many other terminal commands that are useful/convenient - a couple I usually use:

uname -a (gives info about kernel, uname --help gives more infos)
df (gives info about free sapce on disks, -h gives many other options)

Many other command-line instruction are under /boot/system/bin (including the ones above) but please be CAREFUL issuing those without knowing what they are for (usually you can issue them with -h or --help as options and you will see some extended help/instructions). They are the equivalent Unix (GNU Core utilities - go to WiKi and see more infos) commands (not always with complete options or the same functionality under Haiku, however)

Good experimentation (and be CAREFUL!!)

Best regards

Roberto B.

Wouldn’t a text or html file explaining “installoptionalpackage” on the desktop be a good thing? I know not too long ago, I was wondering the same thing! Just a thought.

With the work Bonefish is doing on Hpkg I think the point would be moot. hopefully that will be finished soon and then installoptionalpackage can fade into the dustbin of Haiku history.

The Welcome HTML sitting on the Desktop has information on “installoptionalpackage” and much more.

Regards,
Humdinger

The Welcome HTML sitting on the Desktop has information on “installoptionalpackage” and much more.

That’s great, an html file to explain how to get the browser needed to view the html file. A text file on nightly images makse much more sense.

I could be wrong but I thought Haiku comes with a viewer that can view HTML that is not the webpositive?

I could be wrong.

tj

I could be wrong but I thought Haiku comes with a viewer that can view HTML that is not the webpositive?

I could be wrong

Indeed you are wrong.

I just downloaded and ran the latest nightly image.

The Welcome link on the desktop opens a Terminal and downloads welcome_en.html to the home directory. Attempting to open this file opens StyledEdit with the source code. If one is familiar with html, one may indeed get the information needed, but it is not easy. There is no html viewer application installed by default in a nightly image.

Yes,it then does sound odd to have the file in HTML when a reader is not coming stock on the system in nightly build. hehehe

tj