I can't seem to get Wi-Fi to work on my computer

I just installed Haiku on my Lenovo Yoga 720-12IKB and I can’t seem to get the WiFi to work. My network controller is a Qualcomm Atheros QCA6174. Can you please help me? Thanks.

1 Like

It appears this chip is part of the “Atheros 10k” family, according to the Gentoo Wiki. This requires a new driver compared to the atheroswifi driver we already have, and FreeBSD does not have one yet (they have one out-of-tree but it has not been completed and merged.) So unfortunately you may have to wait…

Hi, reviving this thread as I encountered the same issue after installing R1/beta2 on my laptop.

Out of curiosity, what’s the connection with FreeBSD drivers? Does/can Haiku reuse FreeBSD drivers?

From the Haiku User Guide:

Getting the networking to run is essential in today’s need for permanent internet connection. As keeping up to date with all the different and ever changing hardware and drivers is quite impossible for a small project, Haiku relies on a FreeBSD compatibility layer for its networking drivers.

My understanding is that Haiku developers sync the FreeBSD network driver offerings when possible. as @waddlesplash mentioned, it soulds like a driver is in development but not yet merged/available to be used.

Got it, thanks for the pointers! It’s a shame FreeBSD doesn’t have drivers for this yet, I guess I’ll need to keep Haiku in a virtual machine for now.

I’d guess that the same would apply to the RTL8812CE adapter?