I am making a new simple stocks app

Excellent program! I can’t wait to try it out!

That documentation is a bit out of date. x86_64 is the only 64 bit architecture at the moment.

No, that’s incorrect, I actually verified this by extracting several packages and examining the .PackageInfo file before I posted my original response. :angry:

Yes, I think nephele was a bit confused by this because people usually don’t write package files directly and use haikuporter to generate them. What you have to declare in an haikuporter recipe does not match exactly with the data that ends up in the packageinfo file.

1 Like

architecture x86 won’t work with package create (checked on 32bit and 64bit), there is no primary x86 architecture anymore, so the one in .PackageInfo should reflect the target architecture: x86_gcc2 for 32bit and x86_64 for 64bit.

Name should be stocks_x86 as @humdinger mentioned earlier for 32bit in .PackageInfo (this does not change the function of the created package but reflects the compiler used on 32bit).

Also the final hpkg could use a name that reflects the target architecture, eg stocks_x86-0.1-x86_gcc2.hpkg (32bit secondary architecture) and stocks-0.1-x86_64.hpkg (64bit).

@tclaus created a PR to fix the build on 32bit.

3 Likes

Approved, but I can not test the 32bit build.

2 Likes

Did a check here, as mentioned there some changes should be needed to create the package for 32bit, but all in all it builds and installs fine.

1 Like