HPKG and non-packaged directory? not possible?

Hi,

I have compiled an application that requires a user file to function properly. so I want to create the application in the non-packaged directory so that the user can put the file in the application folder. But the problem is that the HPKG that I create has never put the application in the non-packaged directory. I thought it was possible.

Non packaged is only for installing by hand, zip or old pkg file (beos).

Settings should ever place under /boot/home/config/settings/programname

User files to save other data like highscore… can be installed by post-install script

User files, files the user create are place into the home directory

http://besly.de/index.php/en/package-system/haiku-package-tips-and-tricks

If you need the file in the app folder copy them to the home folder… and create a link into you app folder.

Take a look at hpkgcreator here you can do this

1 Like

Hi thanks,

I don’t find the options for create a shorcut of the file in the app folder via HPKG creator, this file doesn’t not exist in startup. (it’s a file from a certain CD that the user must have). Maybe via post install to do it…

I have try to put the link directly into the Temp folder of HPKG creator but that remove the link after reload the project…Go find a way to done it…

-------------Reedit-----------

Ok it’s done! I can send it to you?

If you want to see i solve this install diamondgirl from our repo and importieren it into hpkg. Then open the package folder (menu option in hpkgcreator) and take a look at the zip file and postinstall Script

1 Like

Yes you can do this

Here it’s done, thanks.

1 Like