How to Install Python

He is trying to use it on 32 bits, and currenty, only the 64 bits version is available on the repos.

But in any case, I doubt pybind11 (that the Haiku-PyAPI require) will work with GCC2, @TmTFx. If you really can’t move away from GCC2, I would suggest you to build Python 2.7.18 locally, and see if that allows you to keep using Bethon and the rest of your apps. Edit: I got confused while reading him. See @coolcoder613 comment below.

But in any case, I doubt pybind11 (that the Haiku-PyAPI require) will work with GCC2, @TmTFx. If you really can’t move away from GCC2, I would suggest you to build Python 2.7.18 locally, and see if that allows you to keep using Bethon and the rest of your apps.

I think @TmTFx means:
Thanks for the replies, I’m trying to install Haiku-PyAPI under haiku-32 bits (walter). It(Haiku-PyAPI) needs to use gcc greater than 4.8. How can I tell Jam not to use the default gcc (2.95) (i.e. not using /bin/gcc and use instead /bin/x86/gcc)?

1 Like

Thanks @Begasus now it compiles :slight_smile: in Haiku 32bit. And works!

1 Like

I also created a new Haiku64bit VM and I installed from repos Haiku-PyAPI… It works Thank you a lot @coolcoder613. If able I’ll contribute as I can! I start playing with Haiku-PyAPI and, if possibile, porting my apps!
Thank you

5 Likes

@TmTFx if you need widgets that are not ported, drop by on IRC and ask me.

1 Like

Nice, our first user besides ourselves :slight_smile:

2 Likes