How to enable Stack and Tile

I saw a video on the internet about Stack and Tile in Haiku. From what I gather, it is implemented in Haiku R1 Alpha 3 but not enabled. How do I enable Stack and Tile?

Thanks!

Open the Terminal and run:

setdecor SATDecorator

Thanks, it looks great! Awesome feature!

I was unaware of Stack and Tile in Haiku until I saw this thread.
This is certainly an impressive feature.
However, is it possible to do some configuration in the SATDecorator?

For example, with SATDecorator enabled, when I hold the Windows Key and drag a window toward another, the tabs on both change to a kind of dull yellow when the windows “connect”.
In addition, the borders of both windows change momentarily to a dark gray.

However, in the videos I’ve seen about this feature, both tabs and borders change to red which is much more evident than the colors I see.
But, I cannot find how to change this in Leaf>Preferences>Appearance.

Can anybody help?

The configuration was added to appearance post-alpha 3. I think that it should be available in the most recent nightly.
If you run alpha 3 you need to use the commandline activator.

@wretched_dutchman
Thanks for the reply.
However, there are no nightlies available in haiku-files.org right now.
So, looks like I’m stuck with R1A3 for the moment.
Yes, I do activate SATDecorator as is described in post #2 of this thread.
Is it possible to configure from the command line, too?

Not that I know of. S&T is in it’s early stage, which is why it isn’t enabled by default.

[quote=paulfxh]For example, with SATDecorator enabled, when I hold the Windows Key and drag a window toward another, the tabs on both change to a kind of dull yellow when the windows “connect”.
In addition, the borders of both windows change momentarily to a dark gray.[/quote]
I agree that the colors needs some tweeking.

The video you refer to is a demonstration by the students that implementet S&T in Haiku. The apperence has changed since.

This hasn’t been implemented.

OK, thanks. I’ll just need to be patient.
But this is a really worthwhile feature in the Haiku Desktop and highly usable right now.
+1 to you guys for getting it this far.