How much does the Beos license cost today?

I thought of writing a clone a couple of years ago using OpenAL for 3D positional audio, since the library exists for Haiku. However, the big issues are time and whether anyone will actually use it. So I changed my mind and focused on writing Medo instead. I still have the idea of adapting Medo to display a 3D sound stage for individual audio tracks (similar to 3dmix), that part can be replicated in probably a month of development if the actual use case is there. The big problem is getting sound back from OpenAL, since the Haiku port doesn’t allow this at this point in time.

9 Likes

very much yes, a dedicated daw would be amazing with vst support, medo already seems to have most of the ingredients.

I pay $15 m usd for my presonus subscription, give me a reason to subscribe !!

Based on a conversation Haiku, Inc had with Access circa 2018, Access has little to no remaining internal knowledge of BeOS / Be Inc. at this point.

This doesn’t mean you can “do whatever you want” with IP owned by Access, just that the abandonware position is fairly strong.

This is not legal advice, or a official position of Haiku, Inc. This represents my own personal belief. ™

2 Likes

If i’m not mistaking @3dEyes had fixed that a few months ago.