How close to Beta?

i think the mayor feature to get rid it’s the virtual box or any virtual mode for other machine/OS so then users can running all the time and report mayor feedback to comunity!

unless that, users only reports some bugs that ocassionally found in the little time that use haiky

to change my OS to haiku, i need a virtual machine emulation support to run my current linux and others OS…

The VMware tools work pretty well with Workstation Pro. I’m not sure what kind of free thing they have going these days. Workstation Player, maybe?

as you said, seems wmware not have any “free” solution for my(our) usage, so tha’s why i a real need a virtual solution to change the OS!

currently the 90% of the users of haiku run the OS in a virtualbox, so always use another OS and not currently haiku… so how can be a real user of if there’s not (possibility) to real compromise!?

From their site:
VMware Workstation Player is free for personal, non-commercial use (business and nonprofit use is considered commercial use). If you would like to learn about virtual machines or use them at home you are welcome to use VMware Workstation Player for free.

I have always used haiku and zeta before that and BeOS before that on bare metal, never in an emulator or virtual box.

2 Likes

as i xpected, too many close responses! reasonable see that haiku have 17 years to still are in alpha!

as i said: feedback are too low due there’s no choice for most user to the change!

I already did.

The 2500 open and yet unresolved tickets on the bugtracker shows that lack of feedback isn’t our main problem.

3 Likes