How can I replace the system driver?

Yes, the ticket PulkoMandy linked above describes this exact issue (works under BIOS boot, not under UEFI boot.) I never did manage to figure out the problem, and the systems I have that use this driver work OK under EFI boot, so it is pretty hard for me to investigate.

I use the same driver on my tablet (UEFI boot, MBR boot not supported) and it may not work depending on combination of plugged USB devices including boot USB drive. Some related information: https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/15708#comment:3.

For debugging,Iā€™d like to replace the module smbios
(/boot/system/add-ons/kernel/generic/smbios) to my module.
It can be blacklisted using ā€œ/boot/system/settings/packagesā€ method.
But, I have no idea that where should my module be put.
I tried to put it on ā€œ/boot/system/non-packaged/add-ons/kernel/genericā€,
But It didnā€™t take effect.
Please help me,tell me how to replace the smbios.

At first glance, Iā€™d say it was the right place. Thereā€™s probably another reason why it didnā€™t work.

According to my investigations,I think the problems are included in pci module.
(Its process booting from BIOS is different from that booting from UEFI.)
So,Iā€™d like to replace the pci module(/boot/system/add-ons/kernel/bus_manager/pci) to my module.
The blacklist method can not be used because the kernel requires pci module before applying userā€™s add-ons.
Anybody knows how to replace it?
I have to prepare the hpkg file?
Please tell me!

Build an own Haiku hpkg?

1 Like

I could build a Haiku hpkg.
So,I can replace whole pkg.
But, if possible,Iā€™d like to replace pci module only.
Are there any way to create hpkg file including the only specified files.

Hpkgcreator

You can build and install your own Haiku packages:

Build (x86_64):

time jam -j4 -q @nightly-raw haiku_loader.hpkg haiku.hpkg haiku_devel.hpkg makefile_engine.hpkg webpositive.hpkg haiku_extras.hpkg userland_fs.hpkg netfs.hpkg

Install:

(cd objects/haiku/x86_64/packaging/packages; pkgman install haiku_loader.hpkg haiku.hpkg haiku_devel.hpkg makefile_engine.hpkg webpositive.hpkg haiku_extras.hpkg userland_fs.hpkg netfs.hpkg)
2 Likes