HiQDock ... New Dock coming soon

@hey68you any chance of a 64 bit version of HiQDock?

I think there is problem with the 32 bit version

1 Like

Ah thank you, I looked there and only saw 32 bit version! Awesome :slight_smile:

@Munchausen - great! Please post a screen shot if/when you get it working …
Coming up on the 10th anniversary of when I first started working on it - though I haven’t touched the code for probably 6 years :frowning:

…still hoping for window (background color) transparency in Haiku

1 Like

Seems to require Qt4?

You mean real alpha transparency in Haiku for the background!
Would be very cool, but not in sight!

are you running 32bit or 64 ?

yep - been waiting for 10 years since I wrote this app (and it’s predecessor BeDock) using fake transparency by taking a screen shot of the whole screen (that’s why auto-hide mode works best).

see: How to transform the app_server code to use compositing | Haiku Project

64bit R1B4, grabbed the hpkg package from BeSly (hiqdock-0.1.2-7-x86_64.hpkg).

1 Like

@lelldorin @lorglas @Begasus - I never learned how nor created the hpkg for HiQDock that is served from the besly repo - but I seem to recall that @Diver added the correct libQt4 dev package to haikuports, and I’m guessing that it’s no longer there (or maybe that libqt4 has to be in besly repo and is not there)???

libqt4-4.8.7-11-x86_64.hpkg

1 Like

Can’t help out there, and not about to go installing or hunting down Qt4 anymore :slight_smile: Do you have a repository that contains the source for a local build?

I can upload the libqt4-4.8.7-11-x86_64.hpkg and the HiQDock executable for you somewhere I guess.
I’m not publishing the source code (yet)

2 Likes

No problem, can live without so far :wink: Not going back to Qt4 :smiley:

I see the libqt4 hpkg is also available at besly repo
https://software.besly.de/repo64/packages/old_packages/libqt4-4.8.7-11-x86_64.hpkg

I guessed that already :wink:

@Munchausen - were you able to install and run HiQDock on 64bit Haiku ?

Just wanted to comment that installing this older qt4 lib doesn’t conflict / clash with qt5 and qt6 libraries that maybe installed on your system.

Yes it works! Just add the repo and then pkgman install hiqdock. I have not done any customisation yet

It does seem to crash at poweroff, though.

3 Likes

Great news - can’t wait to see more after you customize it!
Regarding the crash at shutdown - I believe it’s something on the qt side of things.
I’m hoping to find some time to start developing this again - the more interest I see on the forum, the more motivation I will have to get back into it.

3 Likes

Would love to try it out, once you get this working with current Qt and current libraries available (even the Qt4 package needs older packages for libraries long updated by now). :slight_smile:

5 Likes