Help me please

I can’t figure out a way to make wifi work, the command given doesn’t work so i need the offline method, but i have no idea how to apply it, I’ve been trying to use the shell script forever, the methods on the official site are too complicated for me, can anyone help here with a more detailed method for the offline method? Thanks

Hello…
I had problems with wifi too…
After adding a static ip… it is working now for me…
automatic ip won’t work for me…it was working some months ago…

Hey! Can you please tell me how, i’m new to haiku os

To use static IPs, open the Network preferences and choose “Static” under IPv4 instead of “DHCP”. Depending on your wifi chipset you may not need to instally special firmware first.

thanks I’ll try it

What kind of WLAN modul did you got? Maybe your hardvare just doesn’t supported by Haiku.

Yes sure, first you have to find out if your device is supported at all…

Open the terminal… and type: listdev
There you will find information about your current hardware…

Offtopic!
Hi Bruno! Long time no sea! How doing?
/Offtopic!

I guess USB/Wifi is not yet functional on Haiku? I don’t think it is. It’s been a long time since I have bought any network adapters for slots in my PC, but I have an area in my home where the cables don’t go, and might like to use Haiku there. Any suggestions for a WiFi adapter purchase for Haiku?

In my laptop wlan works on "Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6200”.
… maybe this (6205) works to:

?

Thanks for the Intel card suggestion. Well, I ended up buying a very old Qualcom wireless adapter (actually Netgear with Qualcom Atheros chipset) - model WPN-311 from about the 2008 timeframe. So, it doesn’t do new mode “N” - only “G” - but was cheap and works.

Don’t like mode “N” anyway.

/Offtopic!
I am fine… just divorced and a bit alone with 2 great kids…

/Offtopic!
Sorry to hear, hope you and you Kids doing well.
Take care, mate!

Haiku uses the FreeBSD drivers. If it runs with FreeBSD, it should run with Haiku.