HandBrake on 64-bit Issue

I am trying to test HandBrake on hrev 52295+129 64-bit version (I reverted back from hrev 53379 for better stability).

There is no HandBrake GUI version for 64-bit–so I am content with the CLI version; however, I am receving a library issue:

Welcome to the Haiku shell.

~> HandBrakeCLI -z
runtime_loader: Cannot open file libavresample.so.4: No such file or directory
~> HandBrakeCLI -h
runtime_loader: Cannot open file libavresample.so.
~> HandBrakeCLI -h
runtime_loader: Cannot open file libavresample.so.4: No such file or directory
~>

I tried looking for the library in HaikuDepot–no luck.

Any ideas on what I may have missed?

Libavresample got removed from the ffmpeg package recently (maybe somebody know the reason).
Handbrake probably should be rebuilt. Please create an issue at the haikuports github page.

I’ve just fixed in https://github.com/haikuports/haikuports/commit/7d779e12a73f1858675fe64ce0850c1bdee75b79.
Try updating.

2 Likes

Looked at the fix @Diver, left a comment there :slight_smile:
For x86 on gcc2h the path would be “LIBHB.GCC.I += /system/develop/headers/x86/libxml2” I think :slight_smile:

Awesome–thanks!!

Will try again soon!

UPDATE: Well from the terminal, HandBrake works great!! Thanks to the team who maintains it!!

The command I used is as follows:

HandBrakeCLI -v -Z “Super HQ 480p30 Surround” -i <source> -o <destination>

It took several hours to work through but it was well worth it. It produced a great picture and has very good sound quality.

Moving on to next multimedia issue…now to figure out why I cannot get good DVD rips from DVDBACKUP. I kinda miss DVD:Rip from ZetaOS, which seemed to work for the majority of DVDs (at that time).