Haiku will not load to a partitioned HDD and run

This is normal. The nightly images are not officially supported Haiku builds, so they are de-branded. You get only the icons on the splash screen.

With your help and an additional step I was able to finely get it to work.
Since I’m not allowed to post more than one photo here I will be sending you a couple of “windows” that did not match yours. I’m not sure if these are updates since you downloaded the steps or something else was going on.
I had to ad the Haiku Boot Manager as a step before loading the software to the partitioned HDD.
Once I did this the computer booted to the HDD after the software was loaded.( 64 bit)
The first time I used your step-by-step instructions the computer booted to a black screen. No errors, just nothing shown.
I wiped the hard drive again and followed your instructions this time adding the “Boot Manager” to the hard drive loading the Haiku software to the HDD. It gave me a warning I was writing over other software but I figured that I had nothing to loose and said to do it.
Now it is working.
Thank you for your help with my problem and thank you to those who helped over the last week.

[Kitsune64] I’m not sure how to send you the photos of the windows I got that were not the same as you posted here for me to follow.

My gut feeling is that you ran into https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/15634. Check youtube link in the description of that ticket.

The software is locking up so bad it is not usable. The second I change the address in the search engine, the mouse is locked up. It does it everytime. Nothing can be done to stop it from doing this that I have tried.

When you install Haiku you must check box “active partition” when you create de BE File system and chex too the box “enable query” in the dialog when you are in the dialog box of format.

The pictures I have took are from VirtualBox (virtual computer), also a fresh virtual disk was create before for installing haiku on it. This virtual disk have nothing on it, no partion. I have take screens of every steps I do on Virtualbox and that no need to install any special bootloader by this way.
Maybe you hard disk had some MRB/bootloader datas from previous install that make a mess on your drive, that need a bootloader fresh install…I don’t really know this section.
Then if that run now this is cool.

I did mark those boxes. Would nightly possibly help with this internet/mouse problem?

Yes. It has one full year of extra work and bugfixes over beta1. So, any problem you hit, there’s a good chance the nightly builds will have improved on, and if you are to make a bug reprot, trying a nightly is the first thing we will ask you to do.

1 Like