Haiku-PyAPI: Python bindings for the Haiku API

Depends on who’s going to be using it. If you see someone picking this up in the first week of the Haiku experience, then it has to support the official release (even if it’s named “beta”, it’s what we have.) If it’s more a die-hard fringe, maybe not as important.

(I don’t know anything you don’t know, but quite a while can elapse between releases. I wouldn’t hold my breath.)

2 Likes

The question is, when is R1/Beta5 coming out?
If it is coming in late 2024 or something, then we should try to support beta4.
But if beta5 is coming soon, we’ll just wait until then to support the latest beta.

Yes, it certainly would be useful to know when the next beta will be released.

Yes, it should run on R1/B4, though I haven’t tested it. The question is just whether to make the code a little messier to support compiling on it.

The more “official” version is Beta4. A new beta may take a long to be released, so it would be better if the software is tested to run in the Beta4. The nightlies, as explained, are test releases and can break things any time.

Do the buildmasters run on beta4 or the nightlies?

The buildmasters run Beta4. To be more precise: haiku-r1~beta4_hrev56578_87-1 at the moment.

Ok, in that case we’ll probably have to support compiling on R1/B4

1 Like

Yes, the entire OS is in beta, which means mostly feature complete but with bugs.
The beta releases themselves get updates but only minor bugfixes, no big compatibility breaking changes.

The nightlies on the other have have no compatibility promises.

28 posts were split to a new topic: Haiku-PyAPI app: Feed aggregator BGator2 (name may change)

Haiku-PyAPI 0.2 has been released :tada:. In 0.1, pretty much the app kit and a little bit of the interface kit were available. Now, a good many other kits are available.

Here are some apps that you can run with it:

Special thanks to @TmTFx and @coolcoder613 for their work!

16 Likes