Haiku Promotions Twitter Account?

I agree here - and after some thought, I agree with the concerns you and PulkoMandy have both raised. I agree the account remained serious (more playful posts etc. can be posted by others). So the proposed changes to the account would mean that (and feel free to correct or suggest things here):

• Major news would continue to be posted through the account - this includes things like the monthly activity report, major releases etc.
  • The account would target developers, with screenshots and other updates on our progress.
  • The account would also reply to any queries or questions people have about Haiku and direct them to the appropriate resources to satisfy their query.
  • The account would continue to retweet anything related to Haiku that is deemed suitable to be retweeted on the account; such as reviews of Haiku, desktop setups, WIP apps etc.
  • It would be good for the account to seek blue-tick verification to make extra clear that this is an official account.
1 Like

I received access to the account that I didn’t request. Please remove it: it is bad for security that I have access to everything. And it also puts me once again in a central position in Haiku that I really don’t want to have.

I think the current marketing/promotion team is reasonably trusted now and should get access to the account. We will see what they do with it. We can continue to discuss this with them, and help them define and write policies about how the account should be run, what is it for, and all the things we have discussed here. And then see where they bring it from there :slight_smile: