Haiku monthly activity report - 08/2019 | Haiku Project

Yes, it’s kind of annoying but it doesn’t prevent using the tools.

1. Bardzo prosze o dodanie klikalnych brzegów. To bardzo ułatwia pracę. Klikam na brzeg okna np. po prawej stronie i zwiększam okno maksymalnie na prawo do końca ekranu. ew. to samo ale oba brzegi zwiększam.
  2. gdy zamknę okno, np. terminal trudno jest znów do tego okna wrócić. Czy jest szansa by zrobić coś na kształt klawisza menu ( u mnie obok prawego alta obok klawisza ctrl), naciskam klawisz jakiś i potem np. numer. albo jakas kombinacja otwórz dopiero co zamknięte okno. Szczególnie jak program ma kilka okien (np. kilka terminali) jest to uciążliwe. Nie da się jedna kombinacją klawiszy otworzyć terminala.
  3. czy jest jakis zamiennik free (zobacz ile mamy pamięci, rodzaj pamięci itp.)
    zawsze zastanawiało mnie czy da się użyć pamięci np. z karty graficznej jako sposobu zwiększenia ramu w komputerze.

P.S. Gdybym umiał to bym pisał po angielsku ;(

1. pkgman jest fajnym programem, ale ja używam aero2. Taka siec internetowa, która po godzinie blokuje i odblokowuje znów internet (zmieniając ip)
    I mam kłopot. Nie potrafie zainstalować programu gdy to się dzieje w trakcie takiej zmiany.
    Po prostu instalator wczytuje wszystko od nowa, jesli pakiety były by wieksze niż czas pobierania to nigdy bym nie mógł pobrac takiego pakietu, a tak czasem mam pół godziny w plecy. Czy nie można było by jakos zrobic wznowienia pobierania pakietów? To w końcu system plików.
    Przy okazji można by było tez spolszczyć ten program bo jest po angielsku gdy interfejs graficzny już nie straszy obcym językiem.
  2. Co się dzieje z jakimis dodatkoami do terminala? Mówię o zachęcie jak powerline czy podobnych. Chciałbym miec np. informackje o repozytorium git-a. Czy jest coś do wysłania, czy jest coś niedokończone czy wszystko się ładnie pobrało.

Please just use Google translate or some similar service next time; it doesn’t read too bad:

1. Please add clickable edges. It makes work much easier. I click on the edge of the window e.g. on the right and increase the window maximally to the right to the end of the screen. possibly the same but I increase both banks.
  2. when I close the window, e.g. terminal, it is difficult to return to this window again. Is there a chance to do something like the menu key (for me next to the right alt next to the ctrl key), I press the key and then e.g. the number. or some combination open the window just closed. Especially if the program has several windows (e.g. several terminals) it is troublesome. You cannot open the terminal with one key combination.
  3. is there any free replacement (see how much memory we have, type of memory etc.)
    I’ve always wondered if you can use memory, e.g. from a graphics card, as a way to increase the computer’s frame.
  4. pkgman is a nice program, but I use aero2. Such an internet network that after an hour blocks and unblocks the internet again (changing ip)
    And I’m having trouble. I can’t install the program when it happens during such a change.
    The installer simply loads everything again, if the packages were larger than the download time, I would never be able to download such a package, and sometimes I have half an hour in the back. Could it not be possible to resume package download somehow? It’s a file system after all.
    By the way, you could also polish this program because it is in English when the graphic interface no longer scares a foreign language.
  5. What happens with any additions to the terminal? I’m talking about encouragement like powerline or similar. I would like to have, for example, information about the git repository. Is there something to send, is there something unfinished or did everything get married nicely.

P.S. If I could, I would write in English; (

5 Likes
  1. There are keyboard shortcuts to do this even easily (no need to aim precisely for the window border):
    https://www.haiku-os.org/docs/userguide/pl/gui.html

2. You could add Terminal (in particular) to Shortcut preferences. You can also use a launcher (I use LnLauncher available in the depot) for apps you need often. DeskBar also has a “recent apps” feature but I rarely use that, so I don’t know about it.

3. Don’t we have “free”? Or is it called “avail” as on Amiga? You could use the graphics card memory, but on modern systems it is significantly slower than the main memory, making this a not so great idea.

4. Yes, we should fix this.

5. The Terminal runs bash and you can use powerline or other bash prompts just as you would do on Linux. You can also switch to zsh if you want, but I will let zsh users tell you how to do this. The default prompt will probably remain minimalistic.

2 Likes
  1. Jeśli mogę zrozumieć to jest odpowiedź na zupełnie inne pytanie :wink:
    Chcę mieć funkcję, która zwiększy mi okno. teraz jest powiedzmy na środku.
    Klikam w prawy brzeg i dostaję albo okno o tej samej wysokości ale od lewego krańca ekranu do prawego, albo druga opcja zwiększamy tylko ten klikniety prawy brzeg do maksymalnego rozmiaru i mam okno większe, zmaksymalizowane w prawo. cos takiego jest w macos, cinamon linux i pewnei innych dystrybucjach.

2. To też co innego. Jest klawisz https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menu_key
    jak nacisne dostaję menu. Czy mogę prosić o dodanie opcji bym mógł miec takie menu ale z uruchomionymi programami? Wyobraźmy sobie, że mam 3 terminale i odtwarzacz wideo. Klikam jeden klawisz (lub kombinację) i wybieram np. cyfre 3 to jest 3 terminal i zostaje on przywrócony.

3. Dobra, inaczej. Jak zobaczyc w terminalu ile mam pamięci (dowolnej)

nr 5. A pewnie, że moge sobie ustawić, ale prosze by ktoś zrobił po prostu pakiet.
Swoją drogą jak wywalić napis witamy w shell haiku? wolałbym by terminal witał mnie bez ozdobników, nic nie wypisywał po prostu.
Zatem jesli ktos umie nich zrobi pakiet do terminala by wygladało to lepiej niż obecnie.

-----automatic ugly translate–

1. If I can understand this is the answer to a completely different question;)
    I want to have a function that will increase my window. now it’s say in the middle.
    I click on the right edge and I get either the same height window but from the left edge of the screen to the right, or the second option only increases the right edge clicked to the maximum size and I have a larger window maximized to the right. something like this in macos, cinamon linux and some other distributions.

2. This is also different. There is a https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menu_key key
    I get the menu when I press it. Can I ask you to add an option so that I can have this menu but with programs running? Imagine I have 3 terminals and a video player. I click one key (or combination) and choose, e.g. number 3, this is terminal 3 and it is restored.

3. Okay, different. How to see in the terminal how much memory I have (any)

nr 5. Sure, I can set myself, but please make somebody just do the package.
By the way, how to throw an inscription Welcome to shell haiku? I would prefer the terminal to greet me without frills, just write nothing.
So if someone knows how to make a terminal package it would look better than it does today.