I’m working on a IM Kit client for Haiku.
Currently planned features are:
* Emoticons support, with a enable/disable option on Preflet
* Contact list like other instant messaging clients
* Support for sending files and contacts to people
Other features that may be implemented:
* Themable emoticons, maybe integrated with mmu_man themes effort
* Logging of messages
* Notifications using InfoPopper
Obviously a part of this features is already implemented by im_client and im_emoclient so it’s a matter of merge the two clients.
What do you think.