Haiku backend in GTK/GDK?

wow… great :blush::heart_eyes:

It looks already usable.

No. Is not a usable. Only window creation, set geometry and redrawing hooks are implemented.

It is possible to support native window borders?

I don’t know, how disable gtk3 default decorator. And what should I do with the buttons on the window title if I turn it off?

3 Likes
9 Likes

Move to tool bar?

1 Like
1 Like

3dEyes, this is unbelievably epic! VERY nice work! I’d glanced at GTK before, myself, but the C OOP was just too much for my tastes… and it already even looks native, wow!

How long before we have GIMP? Maybe in time for beta2? :wink:

4 Likes

GIMP use GTK2 that is not ported.

GIMP 2.10 can run against GTK3 already. I think it is slightly less stable and not “officially supported”, but it is handled out of the box so far as I know. Same for Inkscape.

and it already even looks native, wow!

Installed this gtk+ theme:

4 Likes

It is still very early to port GIMP.
There is no mouse, keyboard, window styles and everything else)
Right now there are only windows and surface rendering.

And gtk crash in open dialogs.

I would hope for something as simple as the Contacts app (if not the possibility sync contacts makes the app difficult to “port”).

Some progress:

28 Likes

Looks fantastic Gerasim, fluid and responsive. GIMP on Haiku looks one step closer.

2 Likes

Scroll bar auto-hiding should be turned off.

3 Likes

Scroll bar auto-hiding should be turned off.

This is so true. Yesterday I was working on porting my companies OpenGL product to Vulkan on Linux, and the autohiding scrollbars on Gnome are a terrible usability design. I’d activate the window resize cursor change 80% of the time while struggling to see / access the vertical scroll bar. From a usability point of view, 1 in 5 success rate. Bad design.

5 Likes

librsvg:
screenshot63

16 Likes

Worked on librsvg a while back, didn’t go into haikuports back then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for all your work 3dEyes!

11 Likes

screenshot65

25 Likes

…woooww… awesome… :+1::+1::+1: