Gaming on Haiku

This is annoying, SuperFreeCell give me 2 time a 9 of spades !

How can I relax and enjoy music with a so frustrating bug ?

Does I have to fill a bug report ?

1 Like

Check out this open source game. It is actually pretty amazing and working quite well for an alpha stage game. This would be great ported to Haiku.
0 A.D.

Isnā€™t it the first package you see in HaikuDepot if you display all packages?

5 Likes

Already ported and recipe is in haikuports :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good day,

Letā€™s see if I can get the game Iā€™m working on right now to run on Haiku. If the test passes, it would be a nice step forward, I presume.

Regards,
RR

1 Like

Good day,

For starters, I did some tweaking on the work done by @CodeforEvolution and @cocobean to get this:

screenshot5

Well, getting there. The Godot Icon showing on the Deskbar, and Godot running, version 3.2.2-1. Just need the Godot window to get its frame when editing a project so doesnā€™t go full screen and takes control over everything.

Other than that, I tried moving the .hpk to /home/config/packages and it launches Godot and appears in the apps list, as @PulkoMandy pointed out. Nice.
Regarding this, just unpackaging anywhere and launching the app would allow it to run, though no Deskbar menu entry. This would allow to have any number of versions of any software available, right?

Getting there, getting there.
Regards,
RR

1 Like

Unrelated hint: you can drop colors onto the workspaces replicant to change it default blue color.

1 Like

Workspaces replicant uses workspaces background colours. Are you sure dropping a colour there only change replicant colour?

No, it changes the deskop background color also.

1 Like

screenshot45

https://github.com/threedeyes/HVIF-Collection/raw/master/3dEyes/SuperTuxKart.iom

10 Likes

This looks genuinely amazing!

Tux should be in another color, like blue, to make him more seeable

Or alternately, add the white parts of the plumage.

I donā€™t know if this is the right topic for this, sorry if it isnā€™t, but Iā€™d like to heartily commend whoever ported Mupen64, since it runs incredibly well on my hardware.

Hereā€™s a video of it getting up to a relatively smooth framerate on a stock Pentium M 725, which even some native 2D games canā€™t hit on my laptop. Again, sorry about the phone camera recording, but using a screen recorder cut the framerate in half and it wouldnā€™t actually save my video, so this is the best I could do.

2 Likes