Freeform application

Yes It is. Only native GUI without third party libs.

8 Likes

Awesome!
Are you interested at this time to share the source with me?

It looks like a good start : )

It appears to be on GitHub:

3 Likes

Yeah, it is on github as waddlesplash already noticed it :smiley:

As I said, I can’t work much on this. I don’t know even where to target this app to. My idea is having some pencil like tools (pen, highlighter, ruler, fountain pen), be able to draw freely (it already does it), and export to PNG and SVG.

I’ve just discovered by accident this:

Is vector based hand note application. I find it amazing because my app works in a similar fashion and it have a lot of features I find interesting: pictures, text, arrows,…

2 Likes

RNote is written in Rust using GTK4. How do we mesh that with your code in C++? Maybe I got an extra word: Do we mesh that with your code in C++?

Why would you? It’s a foreign language written im a foreign toolkit. Maybe it can run fine on Haiku but it certainly won’t replace a native application Imo.

1 Like

But it can be a source for some interesting ideas to add to our native application, at least.

2 Likes

Foreign toolkit, yes. This is not kernel code though and having every application written in C++ is not a hard requirement. @nielx has been working on Haiku runtimes for Rust since I started looking seriously at Haiku.

Yes, so just port it. I don’t see what it has to do with the C++ application.

Ok, I find RNote interesting as an inspiration. At least, now I know my approach had sense, and I know what features are expected on a tool like that.

I don’t want to port a Rust Gnome app. If anyone is interested, feel free.

I will continue working on my app, as a hobby and learning project. I accept suggestions, pull requests and of course, feel free to fork it or take as an inspiration.

6 Likes

I’m not interested inporting a Gnome app. I was looking at learning better Rust but this isn’t the best oppotunity to do so.