Focuswriter word processor builds on Haiku

Was looking for other alternatives for a word processor for Haiku when I discovered Focuswriter which is a basic word processor that is QT based and uses Hunspell. I was able to get it to build on x86_64, still need to see if it will build on x86_gcc2. A couple screenshots that I took right after building it. Still need to do a lot of testing.

1 Like

2 Likes

Wy? is it gcc5 not adequate for x86?

Looks interesting. Where isiil bar?

Hi bbjimy! The toolbar is hidden by default. Here’s an image of it with the toolbar showing along with changing the background from the default gray.

1 Like

sticking key on my keyboard. hahaha

Well done! I’ve been trying to compile this thing for ages and always got stuck on the dependencies.

Hi Michael! Thanks for the kind words, however the real credit should go to the active developers of Haiku-OS, and the kind folks who put the image together for the x86_64 build. The build was straight forward with the only dependencies that I remember was Hunspell (and devel file) and also mimetic (and devel file).

I just did another build of Focuswriter and I set the install prefix to /boot/home/config/none-packaged. This build actually gave me my background themes along with adding icons on the toolbar. Here’s a image of what it looks like.

1 Like

3 Likes

Wow!!! Really impressive! It’s not too common for a Qt app to have a nice integration with the Haiku desktop, but this case appears to work very well.

Cheers! :beers:

I was just working on an hpkg for focuswriter, andI had made a mistake earlier when I mentioned that I needed to install mimetic (and development file), as I’ve also been working on trojita email client at the same time.

This is my first attempt at building an hpkg but currently I’ve listed the following as dependents.

REQUIRES=“
haiku$secondaryArchSuffix
lib:hunspell$secondaryArchSuffix
lib:libQt5Core$secondaryArchSuffix
lib:libQt5Gui$secondaryArchSuffix
lib:libQt5Network$secondaryArchSuffix
lib:libQt5Script$secondaryArchSuffix
lib:libQt5Sql$secondaryArchSuffix
lib:libQt5PrintSupport$secondaryArchSuffix
lib:libQt5WebKit$secondaryArchSuffix
lib:libQt5WebKitWidgets$secondaryArchSuffix
lib:libQt5Widgets$secondaryArchSuffix
lib:libz$secondaryArchSuffix

BUILD_REQUIRES="
haiku${secondaryArchSuffix}_devel
devel:libhunspell_1.6$secondaryArchSuffix
devel:libQt5Core$secondaryArchSuffix
devel:libQt5Gui$secondaryArchSuffix
devel:libQt5Network$secondaryArchSuffix
devel:libQt5Script$secondaryArchSuffix
devel:libQt5Sql$secondaryArchSuffix
devel:libQt5PrintSupport$secondaryArchSuffix
devel:libQt5WebKit$secondaryArchSuffix
devel:libQt5WebKitWidgets$secondaryArchSuffix
devel:libQt5Widgets$secondaryArchSuffix
devel:libz$secondaryArchSuffix
"
BUILD_PREREQUIRES=“
cmd:g++$secondaryArchSuffix
cmd:make
cmd:pkg_config$secondaryArchSuffix
cmd:qmake$secondaryArchSuffix
cmd:sed

A little update on the hpkg that I’ve been working on. I currently do have a working hpkg built for Focuswriter. Although I’m still working on getting the themes and icons on the panel to install to work. I also need to get the icon for the application itself and the menu.

I’m sure that some of you package guru’s out there would be able to square these away quicker than me, as this is my first hpkg. Let me know if you would take a look at my recipe. Thanks!

1 Like

Please just push a PR with your WIP recipe at Haikuports. You’ll get a review there.

BTW here is the related issue: https://github.com/haikuports/haikuports/issues/1596

Hi Korli! I uploaded both the receipe along with the rdef file.These I added as a zip file. Please take a look. Thank you.