ffmpegGUI discussion

Something different, wasn’t there an ffmpeg program called ffmpegGUI back then? I was like that, at least in Zeta times.

As I said it´s probably not going to be added right now. But please make a feature request on the github page. We will keep it open, maybe someone has an idea of how to integrate it into our GUI.

I already did, see above ffmpegGUI discussion - #8 by humdinger. :slight_smile:
And there’s FFmpeg making video from images placed in different folders - Stack Overflow , describing how to read those image paths from a text file. So, we could have the user select their images and create a text file in /tmp that we’ll feed to ffmpeg with the set framerate.

Your one-liner was reproduced in full as quote in lelldorin’s comment when I spliced into this new topic. Thanks for your kind words for the people trying to keep this forum a friendly place btw.

1 Like

exactly what the average user needs, a simple tool to accomplish a fundamentally simple task, convert file formats, perfect the way it is. there is NLE software now, so that need is met elsewhere. not every app needs to be a bloated swiss army knife.

1 Like

Yes, and I don’t disagree with your vision. I’m just saying that the name is misleading.

The goal is to keep it “simple”. It’s not a matter of it being a work in progress.

I didn’t say it is.

I’m not convinced this will lead to good usability…but maybe I’ll change my mind when it’s implemented :wink:

@SCollins : I’m not sure this will do any good but I’ll try anyway. I don’t know you personally of course, so I have no idea what prompts you to always react like you do. But while you regularly complain about others being offended, it seems to me that it’s you that always thinks somebody is after you or wants to harm you in any way. Come on, you can do better. I don’t think anybody in this community has any negative agenda or something like that. We all come together because we love Haiku and open source software and computing in general. We do this for fun in our free time. I don’t want to tell you what to do but maybe the next time you think somebody is trying to attack or censor you, you can take a minute or 2 and think if there could be another way to interpret it. Like, an error, or the language barrier (not all of us have English as our first language, mine is German btw.) Also written text, even with emojis, leaves a lot of room for interpretation (or misinterpretations).

Well, you might take my advice, or not, that’s up to you. Let’s get back to having fun with Haiku :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know but it could easily be the same program. Zeta was in the mid 2000’s right? ffmpegGUI in its original form dates back to 2003.

Last version (1.5) of Zeta was released in 2007.

By the time of 1.5 it was actually a fairly nice system, with reasonable (for the period) hardware support and so on but the Giant Question Mark over its legality was still there and, well, turned out to be true.

1 Like

Speaking of which, I’m looking for a zeta 1.5 CD or USB boot image. I will upload it to archive.org if someone provides it. I know I’m just supposed to install 1.2 and then upgrade to 1.5, but it’s a catch-22 since I don’t have hardware that boots 1.2.

@lelldorin;

Now that Blender is somewhat working in Haiku, you can use it to create video from images. It’s real slick the way it workks. Just drop an image onto the timeline, and drag the right or left edge of the image as far as you need it to be in the timeline.

1 Like

That at the same time eliminates the need for ImageMagick’s Convert tool.

Nothing is superfluous, everyone has their own way of doing things :-). Didn’t know you could make videos with an aperture. Is there a tutorial for haiku?