Error building packages from haikuports

Hello everyone! I’ve performed all steps of this instruction, but when I try to build hpkg with haikuporter, I’ve got the following error:
~/haikuporter> hp gnash
Checking if any package-infos need to be updated …
Looking for stale dependency-infos …
Warning: skipping gnash-0.8.10, as it is broken on the target architecture.
Warning: skipping gnash-0, as the recipe is broken
Error: Error: No COPYRIGHT found (in /boot/home/haikuports/media-video/gnash/gnash-0.recipe)
Error: No version of gnash can be built

And so with everyone packages!

Where I can get this COPYRIGHT file? Help!

haikuports.conf

Installation:

1) cp haikuports-sample.conf ~/config/settings/haikuports.conf

2) customize your settings:

lpe ~/config/settings/haikuports.conf

==================

Tip:

Put this into your ~/config/settings/profile to search for a string in all

recipes with “inrecipe {searchstring}” and build a package with

“hp {packagename}” (adjust your /path/to/your/haikuports/):

function inrecipe { grep -n $1 ~/haikuporter/haikuports///*.recipe; }

export -f inrecipe

alias hp=“haikuporter -S -j4 --get-dependencies --no-source-packages”

==================

Required settings:

--------------

TREE_PATH:

The full path to your cloned haikuports tree.

TREE_PATH="/boot/home/haikuports"

--------------

PACKAGER:

Your name and email

PACKAGER=“Oleg oleg.dubinskij2013@yandex.ua

==================

Optional settings:

--------------

VENDOR:

Sets a custom VENDOR tag that will be inserted into all built packages

(“Haiku Project” by default).

#VENDOR=“Haiku Project”

--------------

ALLOW_UNTESTED:

Allow build of untested recipes. ‘?x86’ for example

#ALLOW_UNTESTED=“yes”

--------------

ALLOW_UNSAFE_SOURCES:

Allow building from unsafe sources. Setting this to yes allows

downloading sources for which there is no possibility to check if they

have been corrupted or tampered with.

Only set this to yes if you really need this and know what you’re doing,

for example if you want to build recipes for development versions that

fetch the head from a repository.

#ALLOW_UNSAFE_SOURCES=“yes”

--------------

TARGET_ARCHITECTURE:

The primary architectures you wish to compile recipes for.

Defaults to the current primary platform.

#TARGET_ARCHITECTURE=“x86_gcc2”

--------------

SECONDARY_TARGET_ARCHITECTURES:

Secondary platforms you wish to build packages for.

Example is x86 (gcc4) packages on a x86_gcc2 (gcc2) system

Default is no secondary target architectures.

#SECONDARY_TARGET_ARCHITECTURES=“x86”

“profile” file
function inrecipe { grep -rni ~/haikuporter/haikuports///*.recipe; }
export -f inrecipe

function findrecipe { find ~/haikuporter/haikuports/* -maxdepth 2 -name *.recipe; }
export -f findrecipe

alias hp=“haikuporter -S -j4 --get-dependencies --no-source-packages”

Thanks!

https://github.com/haikuports/haikuports This instructios I use.

The gnash Port is old and unmaintained. You can try to update it to the current standards, but it will take plenty time.

Can i ask why does you need gnash?

How I can do it?
I need Gnash for playing videos using flash technology on YouTube and other sites in third-party browsers such as Qupzilla, Arora and other QTWebkit-based, excepting WebPositive, because HTML5 playback doesn’t works. I’ve got error “Playback is not supported by this device”. Maybe it’s a bug in QTWebkit Haiku port? Because on Linux in the same version of Qupzilla (1.8.9) HTML5 works much better and playback on YouTube is correctly.

gnash-0.8.10 seems to be the latest version. The other one is even older and in the old “.BEP” format. That’s where the COPYRIGHT error comes from. Forget the old recipe.

gnash-0.8.10 is marked as “broken”, indicated with the “!”.
You can remove that “!” and see where it starts to fail and try to fix it.

Thanks, It helps! But next I gived new error:

~> hp gnash
Checking if any package-infos need to be updated …
Looking for stale dependency-infos …
Checking if package dependencies need to be updated …
updating dependency infos of gnash-0.8.10

media-video::gnash-0.8.10
/boot/home/haikuports/media-video/gnash/gnash-0.8.10.recipe

Skipping download of source for gnash-0.8.10.tar.bz2
Skipping checksum validation of gnash-0.8.10.tar.bz2
Skipping unpack of gnash-0.8.10.tar.bz2
Skipping patchset for gnash-0.8.10.tar.bz2
Cleaning up temporary directories …
Fetching package for boost_devel …
*** failed to find a match for “boost_devel”: Name not found
Error: unable to resolve required packages for build for gnash-0.8.10
Error: dependency-infos:
Error: /boot/home/haikuports/repository/gnash-0.8.10.DependencyInfo
Error: repositories:
Error: [u’/boot/home/haikuports/packages’, ‘/boot/system/packages’]
Error:

I’ve installed boost_x86_devel package, but it needs a boost_devel. This package is not in all Haiku repos and HaikuPorts.

Boost is only available for gcc5, therefore the _x86 suffix. Consequently, gnash can only be built for gcc5 with hp gnash_x86. If it builds… I expect you’ll encounter more fun while you’re porting it. The “!” was added for a reason, I suppose. :slight_smile:

Thanks for reply. I’ve thought to install boost from HaikuPorts. He was there. That’s what I need! But it needs gcc4.9. During compiling gcc4.9 I’ve got an error:

mkdir -p – .deps
make[2]: Leaving directory '/sources/gcc49-4.9.3_2015_07_31-obj’
Makefile:16341: recipe for target ‘stage1-bubble’ failed
make[1]: *** [stage1-bubble] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/sources/gcc49-4.9.3_2015_07_31-obj’
Makefile:883: recipe for target ‘all’ failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
[Errno -2147459069] No such file or directory: '/boot/home/builds-x86_gcc2/sys-devel/gcc/work-4.9.3_2015_07_31’
Error: Build has failed - stopping.

This directory is already exists! I don’t know why these error shows again! Help!

Do you really need gcc? Try to invoke haikuporter with the --get-dependencies flag.
So “haikuporter gnash_x86 --get-dependencies”

Yes, I really need it. With the --get-dependencies parameter I’ve got the same error. The same is with any other package. I try to install qt5 and qtwebkit from haikuports, but they needs flite. When I try to install flite, I’ve got the same error similar with gcc.

ranlib: unable to rename ‘…/…/build/i386-haiku/lib/libflite_cmu_indic_lex.shared.a’ reason: No such file or directory
…/…/config/common_make_rules:116: recipe for target ‘…/…/build/i386-haiku/obj/lang/cmu_indic_lex/.build_so’ failed
make[2]: *** […/…/build/i386-haiku/obj/lang/cmu_indic_lex/.build_so] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…
…/config/common_make_rules:132: recipe for target ‘…/build/i386-haiku/obj/lang/.make_build_dirs’ failed
make[1]: *** […/build/i386-haiku/obj/lang/.make_build_dirs] Error 2
config/common_make_rules:132: recipe for target ‘build/i386-haiku/obj//.make_build_dirs’ failed
make: *** [build/i386-haiku/obj//.make_build_dirs] Error 2
[Errno -2147459069] No such file or directory: '/boot/home/builds-x86_gcc2/app-accessibility/flite/work-2.0.0’
Error: Build has failed - stopping.

But this directory is already exists!

I don’t know why, but haikuporter cannot handle the problems with the recipe or if something goes wrong during the compiling and will throw the missing “work-xyz” directory error, hovewer this folder is there and accessible. Actually the problem is somewhere else, look:

As you can see, the missing work folder is not the first error message, but the second. You need to fix the first one to get it further. The second error doesn’t need any manual labour, it just means : “Something went wrong.”
I can understand this silly error can be really misleading and frustrating for the users. I hope this bug will be fixed soon.

Hovewer it seems you are trying to build flite with gcc2. You wrote: qt5 and qtwebkit needs it. It is possible, but they requires surely not the gcc2 flite. And you trying to build the gcc2 version.

Have you ever tried to do haikuporter flite_x86 --get-dependencies ?

Sorry about your bad first (and second) impression, sadly there is plenty broken, non-working recipe in the haikuports git repo. They looks like okay, but there is a bug somewhere hidden deeply. The new users expecting easy ride, and when they confront with plenty strange errors they comes here, complains about haikuports, recipes, and about the low quality work.

Hovewer it is the haiku forum, not the haikuports one. Haikuports is an independent project, and got an own issue tracker: Issues · haikuports/haikuports · GitHub
and a mailing list too: FreeLists / HaikuPorts maybe you could try ask there too.

Thanks.

[quote=“miqlas, post:12, topic:5471”]
Sorry about your bad first (and second) impression, sadly there is plenty broken, non-working recipe in the haikuports git repo. They looks like okay, but there is a bug somewhere hidden deeply.[/quote]

If there are plenty of those, gnash isn’t one of them. It’s marked with a “!” for all architectures, indicating that it won’t work. Removing the “!” and expecting it to work is, erm, quite optimistic.

From other viewpoint: expecting that a port from the Haikuports wont work even on Haiku is a bit overly-realistic for me.
But yeah, this isn’t an ideal World.

“!” is just the indication that the recipe is currently not working. Maybe it was a work in progress at one point, but the effort abandoned. Marking it non-working on all architectures is better than deleting the recipe and have others have to start from scratch, surely.

The bugreport is created! https://github.com/haikuports/haikuports/issues/1213