Eric's Ultimate Solitaire for BeOS (Wildcard Design)

Does that include Space Girl?

I don’t know @dcatt , did you look?

Downloaded Eric’s Ultimate Solitaire and it works perfectly!

Unfortunately ACiD Tetris doesn’t launch; it gives me a “This file was mistakenly marked as executable” and the file info says it’s an Old BeOS Application.

6 Likes

Try “Golf”. Best card game ever!

I have both Civilization Call to power AND Corum 3 in retail boxes at home.
I have made ISO’s and scanned the manuals and have them on my server at home.
I have a plan to make a torrent out of them but never gotten to it.
I’ll check if I can make them available somehow.
I’ll be back about that.

7 Likes

There’s a version of ACiD Tetris on the BeOS R3.2 Demo CD:

Note that it somehow rendered my BeOS 5 partition unbootable from bootman…

1 Like

BeOS R3 x86 binaries will not run on anything other than BeOS R3 x86.

There are a small number of closed source BeOS apps which were not updated after R3 and hence can only be run on R5 on PowerPC. Indeed there are a few PowerPC only apps that were never updated for R3 on Intel either.

1 Like

Corum 3 for BeOS v4.5.2 and v5 is now uploaded to drropbox, links below:

Complete archive (both CD’s, box pictures and scanned manual 7z’ed, 827Mb

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5n61dyy1x8exhaa/Corum%203%20%28BeOS%20v4.5.2%20or%20v5%29%20complete.7z?dl=0

I hope the link works, first time trying this stunt.

Notify me if the files don’t work, I have not tried to burn the ISO’s myself.

Link to the BeOS folder in case you want Corum 3 in 2 parts:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ofe6ysymi6h9hw9/AACm0JnE0jCArydyCm2lfgBaa?dl=0

6 Likes

I’ll have to solve the scanning of the manual to Civ CTP, my scanner doesn’t work with books.
Multifunction printer, bah…

2 Likes

Scanned the whole manual for Civilization Call to power.

I created a 7z archive with everything, even the reference charts.

Link below, I hope it works.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lfhahlqmttgd8p6/Civilization%20-%20Call%20to%20power%20%28BeOS%20v4.5.2%29.7z?dl=0

Notify me if something doesn’t work

PS. The reference charts was made with a camera, but if you zoom in on the picture you should be able to follow the lines.

5 Likes

Superb! Thank you! I will test these soon.

I appreciate your efforts!

I suggest to read about optical discs with AZO dye

e.g HERE >>>--------------> CD-R - Wikipedia

They are resisting such dataloss factors that causes readability issues with CDs/DVDs.

I just looked for the Misc Game Disc that was sent with Civ for BeOS and couldn’t find it.
What I did find is a printed document of about 5 text pages on tips for how to play Civ, probably works for Windows version as well. Some is strategy tips, some is using samples of the internal scripting to basically give you 1,000,000 money when your funds drop below 200,000 or whatever you change the values too.

If there is interest I could either scan it or re-type it. It’s just text so not artwork to replicate.

2 Likes

You’ve definitely got my interest fraser. My nostagia of BeOS being insanely high, a scan of any historical documentation of BeOS apps would be highly appreciated

2 Likes

Thanks I like additional backups–just in case. I have those two. CCTP works great in my Zeta OS PC.

What I have been looking for is Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood for Zeta, which was lost overseas.

Anyone have that?

1 Like