Eon

Hello !

Since EON project seems more interesting to be than SoB, i started participating in it. Team Haiku has also been formed, but for some time already there are no active members in it.
I think TeamHaiku has a great potential to reach high places, since there is not much competition within EON.
TeamHaiku is 5th by today’s production already and that by only one person.if others join we can climb the ranks pretty high…

dux wrote:
Hello !

Since EON project seems more interesting to be than SoB, i started participating in it. Team Haiku has also been formed, but for some time already there are no active members in it.
I think TeamHaiku has a great potential to reach high places, since there is not much competition within EON.
TeamHaiku is 5th by today’s production already and that by only one person.if others join we can climb the ranks pretty high…

Minbari was mostly contributing to that project under the Team Haiku name - his contributions come and go - so he may be dormant right now.

I’m sure he’ll be glad to hear you’re helping out :smiley:

As i am speaking we have just passed Sweden Team, so now we are on 26th place. We have two easy conquest in front of us, but after that it’s going to take more time for each place to gain.

P.S. Team Norway also contributes to EON. They are currently holding 15th place so I guess it’s going to be a milestone of similar significance as in SoB.

Recently TeamHaiku has passed team XtremeSystems, so it holds place 23. It looks like we are going to pass Flemming computer labs team within 3 days.

If anyone else is interested in calculating long term dynamics, join TeamHaiku !

Link here:
http://eon.cm.utexas.edu/about.php

dux wrote:
Recently TeamHaiku has passed team XtremeSystems, so it holds place 23. It looks like we are going to pass Flemming computer labs team within 3 days.

If anyone else is interested in calculating long term dynamics, join TeamHaiku !

Link here:
http://eon.cm.utexas.edu/about.php

Thanks dux, it’s nice to hear about other activity with TeamHaiku. I’m still focused on SoB since I’m down to two machines at the moment. Also, (for SoB) I’d like to see us reach the 3P mark in terms of production by the end of the year.

Hopefully Santa will bring me some new computer hardware this year.

Katisu wrote:
Thanks dux, it's nice to hear about other activity with TeamHaiku. I'm still focused on SoB since I'm down to two machines at the moment. Also, (for SoB) I'd like to see us reach the 3P mark in terms of production by the end of the year.

On a similar note, I installed Dimes on a couple machines (it’s not processor intensive at all)… but I still need to add it to our list of projects

http://www.netdimes.com - we’re "Team Haiku"

I also installed BOINC on my AMD machine and set it up to run RieselSieve, climateprediction.net, and BBC Climate Change Experiment (both of which are apparently mistaken for each other). I find that my SB client still keeps up a decent rate with BOINC running as well - so maybe I’ll install it on a couple more of my machines to get a bit more coverage on other projects.

Just wanted to let you know Team Haiku has successfully passed over Tam Australia and is currently holding 18th place and we are continuing to climb up.

http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamstats.php?proj=eon&team=Team+Haiku

dux, thanks for the contributions … you have really been moving the team forward.

I’ve put a few machines back on EON for a day or two. We should overtake Picard in a day or so.

Minbari wrote:
dux, thanks for the contributions ... you have really been moving the team forward.

I’ve put a few machines back on EON for a day or two. We should overtake Picard in a day or so.

Your help is a great thing. It seems you have massive CPU power behind you. I looked at the stats today and saw daily production has more than doubled, putting us on the 5th spot of daily production !
http://stats.free-dc.org/new/allteams.php?proj=eon&orderby=d0&direction=DESC

After overtaking Picard the point difference between the teams is going to increase, so it’s going to take longer to continue gaining places.

Minbari wrote:
dux, thanks for the contributions ... you have really been moving the team forward.

Thanks to both you guys. We have recently changed our focus to ranking on DC-Vault . Our ranking in physical science is rather low, but hopefully it will be going up now (just went up 5 positions already).

Sorry, I had a slower machine set up and running EON, but had to take it off since I needed to set up my BeOS machine again to do some coding.

I like the fast EON workunits, but the lack of cacheing, the need for a "always online" connection and the amount of network traffic it generates limits my participation in the project.

I’ve fired up a few machines on QMC and UFluids which should help out on the physical science front (along with a couple of other projects). Quick analysis seems to show that QMC is the “best bang for the buck” on points, averaging just over 17 points per hour. Most BOINC projects average 10 points per hour.

Minbari wrote:
I like the fast EON workunits, but the lack of cacheing, the need for a "always online" connection and the amount of network traffic it generates limits my participation in the project.

I’ve fired up a few machines on QMC and UFluids which should help out on the physical science front (along with a couple of other projects). Quick analysis seems to show that QMC is the "best bang for the buck" on points, averaging just over 17 points per hour. Most BOINC projects average 10 points per hour.

Yes, I’ve got a couple machines on QMC lately also - and I’ve been doing some uFluids here and there.

I’ve one machine on both climateprediction and BBC Climate Change simultaneously - boy what a mistake those are :frowning: - but at least it should bring our rank up a bit on those.

umccullough wrote:
Yes, I've got a couple machines on QMC lately also - and I've been doing some uFluids here and there.

I’ve one machine on both climateprediction and BBC Climate Change simultaneously - boy what a mistake those are :frowning: - but at least it should bring our rank up a bit on those.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but if memory serves, the climate prediction projects need a hugh amount of ram, right? I know they are long winded workunits needing 5 or 6 weeks or more to complete?

Minbari wrote:
umccullough wrote:
I've one machine on both climateprediction and BBC Climate Change simultaneously - boy what a mistake those are :( - but at least it should bring our rank up a bit on those.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but if memory serves, the climate prediction projects need a hugh amount of ram, right? I know they are long winded workunits needing 5 or 6 weeks or more to complete?

Ugh, it started off stating 1700 hours to completion and 500mb disk space (same with BBC Climate change) - right now BBC is running and using 75mb memory (on my 2gb machine it’s not a big deal).

I’ve got 1550 hours left on climateprediction with only 200 hours in and 1674 hours left on BBC with only 27 hours in. Since I’m running both simultaneously here on my AMD Athlon 3800+ as well as some other WUs for various other BOINC projects - it’s proving to be somewhat cumbersome. I’ll let them ride through to completion, but that’s it - no more of those beasts!

We’ve overtaken Team Picard (EON) next stop is most likely Team Ninja.

Ugh, it started off stating 1700 hours to completion and 500mb disk space (same with BBC Climate change) - right now BBC is running and using 75mb memory (on my 2gb machine it’s not a big deal).

75MB is not bad, I was thinking it was more on the order of 300 to 400MB. I’ve got a couple of dedicated 24/7 video servers at work that may be just the ticket for this project, if I can set the client has a service

Minbari wrote:
75MB is not bad, I was thinking it was more on the order of 300 to 400MB. I've got a couple of dedicated 24/7 video servers at work that may be just the ticket for this project, if I can set the client has a service

It’s BOINC - so yes - if you install BOINC as a service, it runs fine that way :slight_smile:

I had to go into my BOINC prefs though and change the disk space allocation in order to start these WUs. You might not have that problem if it’s the only BOINC project you run on those machines.

BBC Climate Change appears to no longer be accepting new users (they disabled it right after I joined up) - but climateprediction.net still should I think.

Team Haiku has succesfully passed over team TNT and Team Ninja, so now we are in a 14th place !
Now the progress is going to slow down considerably, but we still have some space for progress as we are currently in 9th place productionwise.
Thanks to our new member Menasaur, his contirbutions have increased our total output by about 15-20 %.

dux wrote:
Team Haiku has succesfully passed over team TNT and Team Ninja, so now we are in a 14th place ! Now the progress is going to slow down considerably, but we still have some space for progress as we are currently in 9th place productionwise. Thanks to our new member Menasaur, his contirbutions have increased our total output by about 15-20 %.

Thanks dux!

I nearly posted something about this the other day, but was waiting for you to announce it yourself since you’ve put so much hard work into this project!!

We now have 2 DC Vault projects where we’re 14th overall place:

http://www.dc-vault.com/showteam.php?team=228

(fewer total teams on EON means we get fewer points for it :frowning: )

Menasaur is one of our new team members and has been helping on a few other projects as well recently such as Dimes, Einstein@home, QMC@home, and Spinhenge@home. Thanks for the support Menasaur!