Endorphin Web Browser

@vanitarium PulkoMandy is a great developer, he really is. But, he is about as subtle as a sledge hammer. I too have had a run in with him in the past over bugs. I would just recomend have 2 or 3 wee drams and it will be fine. But, please do report bugs. I still do and sometimes they get closed imeditaly because an other bug already covers it. I too would love to have a bit of a note in my bug explaining that, but oh well. But you may also be reporting something no one else has or have info needed to help resolve something. It just never hurts to write a bug. Trust me I write up bugs all day. It’s literally my job. I’m a software tester.

How have the Haiku devs not done any of that? At least based on forum interactions, they have been interacting with you directly multiple times by now.

Please do understand that marking issues as duplicates isn’t quite the same as purely closing them. Marking issues as duplicates and closing them afterwards is primarily done to clean up the bug tracker. Ideally before filing an issue, search and check if a similar one hasn’t been filed yet. This prevents frustrations on both the developer and user sides.

4 Likes

We have already all of this!
If it is not enough for your needs, thats your own opinion…

What would be the advantage to have another browser? What can thhis browser do?

Back to topic:
Endorphine Browser

Could it perhaps be that you’re having some translation issues? “Forking” is a term in coding, not generally used in an unfriendly way.
Same with the duplicates thing: It’s not hostile to mark an issue as duplicate, just a way to keep things organized.

You have been pretty unfriendly and hostile towards people who spend their free time doing something they like, and I think people have been very patient towards you. Instead of blaming everyone for not doing what you want, the way you want it to happen, you might consider that things probably wouldn’t have gotten this far if there wasn’t already some sort of structure and coorperation in the development process.
I can’t help if you feel offended, that’s your own responsibility. Please remember that you’re not talking to a paid customer service, no one owes you anything, everyone here is working on this project for free because that’s what they want to do.

3 Likes

Choose not to be offended, and you will not be.

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

It is not needed that every member of the forum express their opinion on this matter, I think. Vanitarium has made clear that he is not happy with how we handle bug reports and he will use another OS instead of Haiku. Honestly, if every closed bug report results in dozen of messages on the forum and wasted time and energy for everyone, I think that it is the best thing to do for both sides. I hope you find a project better fitting your needs.

Now I think we can stop this discussion that is going nowhere, especially here where it’s completely off-topic.

13 Likes

That’s what I fear if we always try to answer and trying to confess some new user.
Some time I think it is wasting valuable Developer’s time!

Btw. I am really bored about the “We need a browser” discussion.

3 Likes

I agree with @PulkoMandy and feel the same as @brunobastardi about this. On the other hand a new user cannot know how many discussions have been done on this subject in the forums. Although I suppose a search may reveal them …

4 Likes

@PulkoMandy so it is. I am now using FuguIta installed and running on hdd on i5 machine. Thanks for tolerating me for a while on Haiku. Good luck and thanks again!