Distrowatch.com review of Haiku

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20160229

Nice review. Too bad that they tested an image before the media playback was fixed…

Generally, I suppose it’s a tribute to Haiku’s user friendliness that people find their way around Haiku without consulting the documentation. The user guide could have answered a few questions, like how to remove Replicants or how to make a screenshot. BTW, it’s curious that the tester didn’t try the PRINT key. It’s used in most Linux distros, I assume, so that’ll be the first thing I’d try…
Anyway, I suspect being a nightly without a link to the userguide on the Desktop didn’t help, even if people would like to read it, which they don’t. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Humdinger

I agree, Haiku is much easier to start then some OSs. I will put together a “user’s/reviewer’s start here” document for B1 so they don’t miss all the tasty bits in Haiku.

I use now Haiku rev. 50120

It is the best one for about 3 years… I get instant acces to WLAN since my LAN-network device is not supported by now…

I am able to play all my video and sound files without problems (Which I couldnt before)

I can start and watch youtube Videos without problems now…

For me it is the best revision ever…

Time for a Beta!