Discover Haiku

I hadn’t seen this site for a while. It is a nice plug for Haiku by the TuneTracker folks. Discover Haiku

Are they selling Haiku? That seems interesting. I guess it’s MIT license though.

They sell their own software and Haiku is the platform to it. On the stick is the Alpha 4.1 (last official release … years old) and various programs for a radio transmitter (test versions). Great idea but unfortunately not up-to-date, or has it changed now?

As it looks, this is the only company that uses Haiku at the time. You should keep warm the guys.

1 Like

Well, for $15 you get S&H and a USB stick with Haiku and lots of software on it. So, seems to be mostly labor/shipping costs more than selling Haiku itself. Plus, as @lelldorin said, there’s demo versions of the proprietary TuneTracker stack on it too. (The TuneTracker guys are great, they’ve contributed patches and funded contracts for Haiku development in the past. :slight_smile: )

1 Like

when your system works, updates can be death

I hoped that iZ Corp would be using Haiku by now for their “RADAR” audio recorder system. First Cedric Degea and then I did a considerable amount of work to get their original BeOS/Zeta code ported over to Haiku. Seemed to get it basically working, and then turned it over to their in-house guy. Never heard of any final success, though, and a check of their website appears to say they’ve moved to Windows 10. :disappointed:

The MIT license allows reselling of Haiku if you want to. No legal problem with that.
The TuneTracker guys were also sure to check with Haiku inc for use of the Haiku trademark. Given their long-term use of the system and collaboration with the project where possible, and considering what they do with it (a repackaged version of Haiku, with extra software thrown in but keeping the spirit of the operating system), there was no problem with that.

Is it really alpha4.1 however? I thought they were using some newer nightly that they themselves decided to be stable enough to use as a release.

1 Like