Computers compatible with Haiku (OLD - pre-Beta2 list)

Thank you to @hor410 and the contributor of the Latitude 5400 for your contributions to the Haiku Computer List! :slight_smile:

To all members and visitors, listed hardware can be found at:

New hardware

New form version!

Everyone, the Add Hardware form has gotten another nice update to its third version. In addition to changes I’d made before to the previous version (which included adding a NVMe checkbox per Haiku’s recent work in that area, and status entries for sound, webcam, network, graphics, power, and restarting), there’s been another series of changes to make this version more useful for power users.

First, I’ve noticed from the old spreadsheet that it’s not always clear what base or mainboard a custom computer is using. So, if you have a custom machine, there’s a suggested part to list a board now (which I’d added in recently per advice). Haiku version options have been split by branch and arch now (with an Other option for whoever isn’t using x86/x64), and ratings are now clearer with a better 1 - 4 rating scale, which helps get things ready for when Beta 2 and beyond are out.

The second page also adds a nice batch of tweaked or new (hopefully useful) options. You can now choose FireWire, Thunderbolt, or Lightning storage as startup media (particularly useful if you use Mac hardware like I do), and there’s now a distinction between a standard SSD/HD and built-in or eMMC storage (which I’ve been finding some manufacturers are adding now), and it’s now possible to check both UEFI and BIOS/CSM options. Haiku boot options are now all listed with check boxes, so you can check which ones you used to start Haiku with, rather than the vague “Did you use boot options?” from before – and that includes a new framebuffer option and debug options from the boot menu as well. Graphics and sound status now add a third choice, and finally, as most of the hardware entries that have been coming in are for portable computers like notebooks/netbooks and laptops, I’ve added options for the keyboard and trackpad/TouchPad and touch input.

Lastly, the contributor line is now a required option, however, if you don’t want your name listed, just type “none”, “anonymous”, “unlisted”, “don’t list” or something similar, and if you wish, your name won’t be listed. But my hope is that this will allow more people to be recognized, and this small change was made to help with any new hardware testers or contributors who may have missed this opportunity in previous versions. :smiley:

All this said, the old form is now obsoleted and it has been replaced by the new one. I’ve added the fresh links to the new form in the top post, on the Haiku Computer List page, and in this post, so please use v3.0 for submitting new hardware:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSceXPfiAXE4tSEDRaJo0CkTrFi3Sva6g3ZtoZUBC6oogA7PYw/viewform?usp=sf_link

New hardware

Thank you to @MrEntropy for your contributions to the Haiku Computer List! :slight_smile:

The usual links to hardware lists :slight_smile:

To all members and visitors, listed hardware can be found at:

• The Haiku Computer List
  • The Google Sheets spreadsheet , which always has the very latest/hottest submissions
  • Also, for entries shared on GitHub, see haiku-computer-list on GitHub
  • To submit new entries, please use v3.0 of the Add Hardware form. Or, if you prefer to, you can alternatively add in details manually (but if you do it this way, please refer to and use the format used for the other hardware listings).

Not sure if it was switching to version 3 of the hardware form (as I noticed hardware contributions stopped after I re-did the form), but if anyone out there wants to contribute fresh reports, that would be wonderful as I miss adding them :smiley:

Edit: My apologies to the hardware contributors from October! I see there were 5 entries I oddly never got a notification about; these will definitely be added to the list!

New hardware added! :smiley: My apologies to all those who had submitted hardware in October; I should hopefully get notifications for entries for the new form in the future (and will definitely check to see if anything new is there).

Big thanks to Mikael Konradsson, vercu, ScorcherJ, nicalejo, and Nick Pieper for your contributions to the hardware list! The computers below should now be listed on the Haiku Computer List page and on GitHub, in addition to this thread:

As always, for both members and visitors, listed hardware can be found at:

• The Google Sheets spreadsheet, which always has the very latest/hottest submissions, and the old one for archived entries.
  • To submit new entries, please use v3.0 of the Add Hardware form. Or, if you prefer to, you can alternatively add in details manually (but if you do it this way, please refer to and use the same format the other hardware listings do).

New hardware added! Thank you to the anonymous contributor for submitting your Toshiba Satellite A105 :slight_smile: The computer below should now be listed on the Haiku Computer List page and on GitHub, in addition to this thread:

• The Google Sheets spreadsheet , which always has the very latest/hottest submissions, and the old one for archived entries.
  • To submit new entries , please use v3.0 of the Add Hardware form. Or, if you prefer to, you can alternatively add in details manually (but if you do it this way, please refer to and use the same format the other hardware listings do).
1 Like

With the holidays over, I’m back at the hardware list :slight_smile: Thank you @X512 and Samet Cômert for your hardware submissions! It’s been added here to the thread, on the Haiku Computer List page and on GitHub:

• The Google Sheets spreadsheet , which always has the very latest/hottest submissions, and the old one for archived entries.
  • To submit new entries to this list, please use v3.0 of the Add Hardware form . Or, if you prefer to, you can alternatively add your hardware to this thread manually (but if you do it this way, please refer to and use the same format the other hardware listings do). Please do not create edit or pull requests, as these will be ignored.

For fixes or questions, please feel free to post them here. :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you everyone!

Thank you @stoltenberg for your contribution! The new hardware should now be listed here, on GitHub, and on the Haiku Computer List page.

• To submit new hardware entries, please use v3.0 of the Add Hardware form . Or, if you prefer to, you can alternatively add your hardware to this thread manually (but if you do it this way, please refer to and use the same format the other hardware listings do). Please do not create edit or pull requests, as these will be ignored.

For fixes or questions, please feel free to post them here. :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you everyone!

Is any program for reading information about cpu/disk etc?
Many people need this information What computer working without problem. I need photos and meybe information about hibernate, network etc.

Besly system analysis tool (BeSlySAT) on http://software.besly.de

1 Like

Both the classic BeOS, and Haiku in the modern day, have built in tools to fetch this info for you. For disks, the easiest place to look is DriveSetup (in Applications in Haiku; Preferences in BeOS). For basic CPU and memory info, click the About link in the Leaf or Be menu and open the About box. For better info, run sysinfo from Terminal and open Devices. For a text-based way to see devices, run listdev. There’s also the very handy Pulse utility as well, where it’s possible to turn off cores and see a graph of what they’re using.

For networking, the good news is that network card status is listed on any models where contributors graciously provide it for both wired and wireless networking. For example, on my 2007 MacBook, I can say that my wired networking is working but my AirPort Extreme card isn’t.

As for “hibernate”, this is a Windows feature that in terms of S power states is roughly equivalent to Deep/Safe Sleep on a Mac or iOS device and “suspend to disk” (i.e. echo -n disk > /sys/power/state) on Gnu/Linux. To my knowledge, BeOS never had suspend to disk – or a basic suspend, for that matter. I think BeOS always just relied on its quick shut down and startup speeds in place of sleeping, and Haiku (far as I know) does the same.

But – Tracker and a few other apps like WebPositive do remember where they were before shutting down, so there’s a little bit of persistence there. And this area is definitely where R2 or something like that could have full persistence in the future.

As for photos, this would take some work to do and manage, and I’m already grateful for the entries that this list does get. But… if you need photos, I do every now and again work on the “Haiku on Mac” project, and there’s photos there (on Facebook).

Thanks; that’s why I and others here try to either test or file hardware. Another great resource to check out is the BeSly hardware list :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you to the anonymous contributor for testing your Intel NUC! The new hardware should now be listed here, on GitHub, and on the Haiku Computer List page.

• To submit new hardware entries , please use v3.0 of the Add Hardware form . Or, if you prefer to, you can alternatively add your hardware to this thread manually (but if you do it this way, please refer to and use the same format the other hardware listings do). Please do not create edit or pull requests, as these will be ignored.

Thank you to Travis Thoms for testing your Dell Latitude D610! The new hardware should now be listed here, on GitHub, and on the Haiku Computer List page.

• To submit new hardware entries , please use v3.0 of the Add Hardware form . Or, if you prefer to, you can alternatively add your hardware to this thread manually (but if you do it this way, please refer to and use the same format the other hardware listings do). Please do not create edit or pull requests, as these will be ignored.

To all those who’ve requested edit access to the spreadsheet since January: please either use the official Google Form or if you would like to contribute manually, you can use the text template (which I’m copying here from GitHub) and add your info to this thread:

As mentioned before in this thread, edit requests will be ignored – and this is in order to ensure the contents of previous contributors are preserved. When the Google Form is used, Sheets automatically puts the hardware into the accompanying spreadsheet. If there’s an error or a correction that needs made, please mention it in this thread so it can be fixed. Thank you.

I’ve got a new System 76 Oryx Pro (oryxp5) laptop, and the wireless card is Intel Wireless-AC 9560 (Jefferson Peak). Hrev53834 dosn’t detect the card as a network device. Whats the Intel wireless device support status for Haiku?

First thing to do is to check if it’s detected in FreeBSD.

I think FreeBSD added support for these chips very recently, so it hasn’t been merged into Haiku yet. I’ll probably do that whenever a FreeBSD release is cut off which includes that support, or before beta2, whichever comes first.

1 Like

Sorry I’m getting the hardware posted late, everyone! Back with fresh additions to the hardware list this morning. :slight_smile:

One of these is a HP I tested (yes, I’m a Mac dude) but it was to help test the recent Intel driver. :smiley:

Also, thank you to @rjzak for your contribution to the list with the System76!

To view the current hardware list, please see:

To add new hardware:

Method 1: The easiest way is to use the Add Hardware form (v3) powered by Google Forms.
Method 2: If you don’t like Google, you can alternatively add your hardware by posting to or replying to this thread (but if you do it this way, please refer to and use the same format the other hardware listings do with the template). The listing will then be posted on the Hardware List as with Method 1.

• Please do not create edit or pull requests on Sheets or GitHub, as these will be ignored.
  • For any fixes or questions, please post them here, and I’ll update the hardware list when I can.

Thank you everyone!

Thank you Jonathan McCormack for contributing your Dell Precision T1500 to the list! It should now be listed on the Haiku Computer List page and on GitHub. :slightly_smiling_face:

To add new hardware:

Method 1: The easiest way is to use the Add Hardware form (v3) powered by Google Forms.
Method 2 : If you don’t like Google, you can alternatively add your hardware by posting to or replying to this thread (but if you do it this way, please refer to and use the same format the other hardware listings do with the template). The listing will then be posted on the Hardware List as with Method 1.

• Please do not create edit or pull requests on Sheets or GitHub, as these will be ignored.
  • For any fixes or questions, please post them here, and I’ll update the hardware list when I can.

Thank you everyone!

Sometimes I can be a few days late in getting these up; sorry for the delays. Thank you to everyone who contributes hardware to this list! Hopefully it does help the community as Haiku gets ever closer to Beta 2 :slight_smile:

To add new hardware:

Method 2 : If you don’t like Google, you can alternatively add your hardware by posting to or replying to this thread (but if you do it this way, please refer to and use the same format the other hardware listings do with the template). The listing will then be posted on the Hardware List as with Method 1.

Thank you everyone!

Thank you Joshua Spann for your contribution to the list! :slight_smile:

To add new hardware:

Thank you everyone!