Computers compatible with Haiku (OLD - pre-Beta2 list)

Thanks; that’s awesome :smile: I’ll add it in once I can get to my computer in the morning.

Thank you @xylo for your contribution! :slight_smile:

I’d like to add that I did try forwarding the new info to HCR but it mentioned not all required fields were filled out. Not sure who the maintainer(s) of the configuration repo are, but as feedback, not every checkbox was applicable to the system; in some cases, I couldn’t check one because there wasn’t a right option. For instance, the entry I was importing was a tablet, not a notebook or desktop (the only two options available), amongst other options that would apply more to a desktop or tower than a mobile computer. I didn’t know these were required until I got the error.

For now, I’m going to have to drop the share with HCR option from the form until this can be given consideration… Thanks.

I have no idea who or if that site is maintained at all. Should it ever be, they’ll look into their issue tracker and won’t search for reports in this forum.

2 Likes

Thanks for the contribution to the list!

The confusing part is that I’m not sure who to credit for this; the contributor listed ‘yes’ for that part of the form. If you recognize this model and would like credit for it, please let me know! :slightly_smiling_face:

As a separate post, please note that I’ve removed the HCR option from the form for now, due to the reasons I mentioned earlier. So for now, contributions basically go to the Haiku computer list, spreadsheet, here, (and if the contributor opts to share to GitHub, the list on GitHub).

Thank you @cocobean for your contribution to the hardware list! :smile:

As always, shared hardware can be found at:

Also, per the “Haiku on Mac” group, here’s a hardware testing contribution from yours truly :wink:

Adding another entry to the list from an anonymous contributor! Thanks for your contribution! :slight_smile:

Thanks for you work on this list.

Has anyone tried the Lenovo W550s? I’ve found that’s it’s CPU, screen size, and awesome keyboard makes is a nice and cheap dev box. My only concern is the Nvidia GPU.

1 Like

I haven’t found this in the search results on the hardware list at GitHub — you’re more than welcome to add this to the list if no one else has yet. :slight_smile:

Thanks @Zenja for your contribution as well as to the anonymous contributor of the Toshiba! Every hardware submission helps build the list where people can find where Haiku can work for them, so seriously, thanks! :smile:

As always when I add new entries, the full list can be found at:

Correction:
HP 15t Touchscreen Laptop
SD reader: works

NOTE: Haiku hrev52940 x86_gcc2 tested w/ 32GB microSDHC memory card.

Thanks; the changes should be on GitHub and the Haiku Computer List. :slight_smile:

Dell Latitude E5440
Date tested: 2/27/2019
Version: R1/Beta1 and most current nightly build (hrev52942)
Version: 32bit and 64bit both installed (dual booting)
Rating: Excellent (everthing works except webcam and bluetooth)
Startup: usb and then installed on HD
Stared with: EFI off
Boot option: standard (did not have to use any boot options)
CPU: Intel Core i&-4600U (2.69 GHz)
USB: working with usb wireless mouse (has stopped working once or twice, fixed with a resart)
Memory: 8GB
No SD card reader not tested
Wireless: Dell 1506
HD: Seagate SSHD Hybrid 500GB SATA 6Gbp/s 2.5" 5400RPM
Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4400 (on chip)

Has anyone tried Haiku on a raspberry pi? If so how did it work out? Sorry if there is another thread about the raspberry pi

IIRC it boots into a console

I didn’t realize the ARM port was that far along.

Probably not, since Pi is ARM based and Haiku is x86/x86_64.

Well it was a thought that I didn’t take into consideration of the two architectures.

No, it boots to the kernel debugger. If you get it to build, because the build is currently broken.