Computers compatible with Haiku (OLD - pre-Beta2 list)

Thank you Jonathan McCormack for contributing your Dell Precision T1500 to the list! It should now be listed on the Haiku Computer List page and on GitHub. :slightly_smiling_face:

To view the current hardware list, please see:

To add new hardware:

Method 1: The easiest way is to use the Add Hardware form (v3) powered by Google Forms.
Method 2 : If you don’t like Google, you can alternatively add your hardware by posting to or replying to this thread (but if you do it this way, please refer to and use the same format the other hardware listings do with the template). The listing will then be posted on the Hardware List as with Method 1.

• Please do not create edit or pull requests on Sheets or GitHub, as these will be ignored.
  • For any fixes or questions, please post them here, and I’ll update the hardware list when I can.

Thank you everyone!

Sometimes I can be a few days late in getting these up; sorry for the delays. Thank you to everyone who contributes hardware to this list! Hopefully it does help the community as Haiku gets ever closer to Beta 2 :slight_smile:

To add new hardware:

Method 1: The easiest way is to use the Add Hardware form (v3) powered by Google Forms.
Method 2 : If you don’t like Google, you can alternatively add your hardware by posting to or replying to this thread (but if you do it this way, please refer to and use the same format the other hardware listings do with the template). The listing will then be posted on the Hardware List as with Method 1.

• Please do not create edit or pull requests on Sheets or GitHub, as these will be ignored.
  • For any fixes or questions, please post them here, and I’ll update the hardware list when I can.

Thank you everyone!

Thank you Joshua Spann for your contribution to the list! :slight_smile:

To add new hardware:

Thank you everyone!

Thank you to the anonymous contributor for your hardware contribution; as selected in the form, this entry is not listed on the hardware list repo on GitHub.

To add new hardware:

Thank you everyone!

Though it’s been mentioned before, please do not send edit requests to the spreadsheet. I’ve got several of these recently, and I cannot grant access as it may allow someone to change previous entries by other users, so, again, if you want to add hardware to the list, please either:

• Use the Google Form
  • Copy the manual template and paste your hardware into a reply below
  • Or… just post your hardware here casually (example: “Hi, I have a 2007 MacBook with a 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 2 GB of RAM with Haiku Nightly hrev54042 on it I started from a DVD. Starts and runs normally, though I get no sound”)

But please, as I’ve mentioned before, please do not send edit requests to the sheet as I won’t respond to these. Thank you.

Thank you to the anonymous contributor for submitting your hardware to the list!

To add new hardware:

Method 3 : Or… you can also simply reply to this thread with a useful description of your hardware (example: “Hi, I have a 2007 MacBook with a 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 2 GB of RAM with Haiku Nightly hrev54042 on it I started from a DVD. Starts and runs normally, though I get no sound”)

• Please do not create edit or pull requests on Google Sheets or GitHub, as these will be ignored.

Thank you everyone!

Thank you to Thomas and pat74 for your contributions to the hardware list! (Also, for the Inspiron 7573, the CPU has been added in from the spec sheet).

To add new hardware:

Method 3 : Or… you can also simply reply to this thread with a useful description of your hardware (example: “Hi, I have a 2007 MacBook with a 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 2 GB of RAM with Haiku Nightly hrev54042 on it I started from a DVD. Starts and runs normally, though I get no sound”)

• Please do not create edit or pull requests on Google Sheets or GitHub, as these will be ignored.

Thank you everyone!

Surface 2 Pro with 4GB RAM and 128GB SSD. Boots to part way with default settings.

So, I was trying to find a computer that would run 64bit Haiku natively, and gave my Surface 2 pro a go. I actually got a lot farther than I assumed. It booted to the Haiku boot screen and all of the icons lit as if it was going to work. However, at the point it should have started the desktop, the screen went black. But the DVD carried on loading then stopped. I clicked the “return” button on the keyboard and I guess it activated whatever the default action is next, as the DVD span up again and began loading something else (live CD/boot to desktop?). I’m going to try booting again later and try some of the safe mode options - but has anyone else successfully got one of these to boot to a usable system before? I used the Nightly hrev54088 if that helps. If I can get the screen to work, I guess it might be usable (though I don’t know if the Surface coder will work.)

That sounds like the graphics hardware failed to initialize. Enable the “fail-safe video mode” option in the bootloader, which should fix that.

Sadly, I don’t have a powered hub and running the DVD and a keyboard at the same time was drawing too much power, so I couldn’t get in to the boot menu to change the options. I’ll see if I can make it happen with an SD card or thumb drive when I get a chance.

You can also edit the kernel settings file (home/config/settings/kernel/drivers/kernel and force vesa mode there. This can be done from another computer before booting on this one.

Motherboard:

Gigabyte EX58-Extreme Rev 1.0

Socket 1366

SMBIOS 2.4

Processor:
Version: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU
Voltage: 1.0 V
External Clock: 133 MHz
Max Speed: 4000 MHz
Current Speed: 2666 MHz

Haiku 32 & 64 load an runs in it but continuosly is blocking the cursor, if esc is pressed then inmediatly continues working.

Thank you memsom and jma_sp for your contributions! :smiley: I’ve organized your hardware info into the listing format and have added it to the ‘Haiku Computer List’ page. If you would also like your info on the GitHub repo, let me know :slight_smile:

Thank you also to CHale for your mobile workstation contribution; it’s been added here, to the page, and to haiku-computer-list on GitHub.

To add new hardware:

Method 3 : Or… you can also simply reply to this thread with a useful description of your hardware (for example: “Hi, I have a 2020 Leafbook with a 2.6 GHz Intel i7 9750H processor, Intel HD graphics, and 8 GB of 2666MHz DDR4 RAM with Haiku Nightly hrev54042 on it and I started from a USB drive. Works fairly well. Can connect to the Internet including over WiFi. Starts and runs normally, though I get no sound.”)

Thank you everyone!

1 Like

Thank you @User_Z and @nhtello for your hardware contributions! Your hardware should now be listed here, on the list, and on GitHub.

To add new hardware:

Method 3 : Or… you can also simply reply to this thread with a useful description of your hardware (for example: “Hi, I have a 2020 Leafbook with a 2.6 GHz Intel i7 9750H processor, Intel HD graphics, and 8 GB of 2666MHz DDR4 RAM with Haiku Nightly hrev54042 on it and I started from a USB drive. Works fairly well. Can connect to the Internet including over WiFi. Starts and runs normally, though I get no sound.”)

Thank you everyone!

Thank you @ebykm for your hardware contributions! Your hardware should now be listed here, on the list, and on GitHub. :smiley:

To add new hardware:

Thank you everyone!

Thank you @mazbrili for your hardware contribution :slightly_smiling_face: ; it should now be listed here, in the hardware list, and on GitHub.

To add new hardware:

Thank you everyone!

1 Like

As part of preliminary hardware testing with Haiku, I’ve went ahead and tested a few Macs with Haiku which I’ll also be showing in the ‘Haiku on Mac’ thread :slightly_smiling_face:

To add new hardware:

Thank you everyone!

Thank you Matthias Klees for your hardware contribution :smiley: ; it should now be listed here, in the hardware list, and on GitHub.

To add new hardware:

Thank you everyone!

Thank you @LambdaCalculus for your hardware contribution :smiley: ; it should now be listed here, in the hardware list, and on GitHub.

To add new hardware:

Thank you everyone!

1 Like

Hello. I just submitted a form for my HP DC5800. Afterwards, I went to go look at the compatability list on github. At the following link at line 68, there’s a false entry credited under my name(TheJooomes, my channel name). I didn’t file this. The computer in the linked youtube video is the HP DC5800 that I just recently filed a legitemate form for, and the entry at line 68 on github has lots of incorrect information. I’m assuming that someone watched the video and tried to guess the specs and model of the computer so they could file a hardware compatibility form on my behalf. Since a lot of the information in the entry at line 68 is incorrect, can it be removed please?

1 Like