Computers compatible with Haiku (current version)

It’s too late to test them well right now and give you technical details, I’ll likely do it during the weekend or next week. What I can tell you in advance is that Haiku works very well on this one (everything works except WiFi, I was surprised to see it scan for and list Bluetooth devices, I couldn’t get that working on Linux) and doesn’t work on this one (corrupted/glitched display, I should try a different video mode next time).

1 Like

Thank you to bregrif, Evening (marked as ‘anon’ as requested), and the anonymous contributor for your CSL desktop hardware; your contributions have been listed in the hardware list and also on GitHub :slight_smile:

To view the current hardware list, please see:

To add new hardware:

Method 1: The easiest way is to use the Add Hardware form (v3) powered by Google Forms.
Method 2 : If you don’t like Google, you can alternatively add your hardware by posting to or replying to this thread (but if you do it this way, please refer to and use the same format the other hardware listings do with the template). The listing will then be posted on the Hardware List as with Method 1.
Method 3 : Or… you can also simply reply to this thread with a useful description of your hardware (for example: “Hi, I have a 2020 Leafbook with a 2.6 GHz Intel i7 9750H processor, Intel HD graphics, and 8 GB of 2666MHz DDR4 RAM with Haiku Nightly hrev54042 on it and I started from a USB drive. Works fairly well. Can connect to the Internet including over WiFi. Starts and runs normally, though I get no sound.”)

• Please do not create edit or pull requests on Google Sheets or GitHub, as these will be ignored.
  • For any fixes or questions, please post them here, and I’ll update the hardware list when I can.

Thank you everyone!

Also, here’s a second batch of hardware I noticed in the inbox as well and have added it here, the list, and GitHub – thank you @mazbrili and @alexanrsousa for your hardware contributions :smiley:

To add new hardware:

Method 1: The easiest way is to use the Add Hardware form (v3) powered by Google Forms.
Method 2 : If you don’t like Google, you can alternatively add your hardware by posting to or replying to this thread (but if you do it this way, please refer to and use the same format the other hardware listings do with the template). The listing will then be posted on the Hardware List as with Method 1.
Method 3 : Or… you can also simply reply to this thread with a useful description of your hardware (for example: “Hi, I have a 2020 Leafbook with a 2.6 GHz Intel i7 9750H processor, Intel HD graphics, and 8 GB of 2666MHz DDR4 RAM with Haiku Nightly hrev54042 on it and I started from a USB drive. Works fairly well. Can connect to the Internet including over WiFi. Starts and runs normally, though I get no sound.”)

• Please do not create edit or pull requests on Google Sheets or GitHub, as these will be ignored.
  • For any fixes or questions, please post them here, and I’ll update the hardware list when I can.

Thank you everyone!

I am sorry for the late reply, I just got some time to test on my Aspire V7-482PG again. I’ll test my other laptop another day, I’m posting late at night again.

Model: Aspire V7-482PG
Rating: Works amazingly well
Version: Haiku R1/beta2 (quick edit, the 64-bit version)
Startup media: USB storage media (USB 2)
Started with: Legacy BIOS and UEFI
Boot options: Default on BIOS, 1280x1024 resolution on UEFI, the default of 1920x1080 crashes
CPU: Intel Core i5-4200U
GPU: Intel HD 4400 and Nvidia GeForce GT 750M
Sound cards: Intel (Haswell-ULT) HDA Controller
Networking cards: Intel Corporation Wireless 7260 (works, I’m using it to post this from Haiku) and Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet (not tested but should work, Haiku displays its MAC address, mine is the RTL8411B)
USB types: 1 USB 3.2, 2 USB 2.0
Webcams: Chicony Electronics HD WebCam, not recognized, not working
Memory: 8 GB DDR3
CPU manufacturer: Intel
Share on GitHub: Yes
SD cards: RTL8411B PCI Express Card Reader (PCI Express link bandwidth shared with Ethernet controller), not working
Sound status: I can change the volume, sound card is recognized but sound doesn’t play
Networking status: WiFi works, Ethernet is recognized but I can’t test it
Graphics status: Work out of the box
Power status: Battery appears, PowerStatus reports percentage fine
Restarting: Works fine
Additional notes:

• Touchpad doesn’t recognize right click (workaround: configure as 1 button touchpad and use ctrl+click to right click), edge scroll works well. The right click problem happens with other laptops too, all Synaptics touchpads, seems like a limitation in the driver
  • Elan Microelectronics touch screen works! Haiku only uses the touch info to move the cursor though, I can’t find a way to “click”
  • HDMI port not tested
  • UEFI boot requires more testing, when I tried it last week it caused glitched graphics and Haiku was unusable
  • The 24GB M-pcie SSD (Kingston SMS151S324G) is recognized by DriveSetup
  • The HDD of this laptop was replaced with a 250G Samsung SSD that is also recognized by DriveSetup
  • The mic doesn’t seem to be working, SoundRecorder doesn’t record anything
  • Bluetooth works and can pair
  • This laptop is a great candidate for using Haiku on real hardware if you don’t need sound or recording video

Contributor: mark me as anon again
Contribution date: 2020-06-23 5:58 UTC (updated to add more hardware details at 16:24 UTC)

Edit: updated contribution time, I made some more changes before posting and forgot to update it.

Another one.

Model: HP Mini 210
Rating: Fairly well
Version: Haiku R1/beta2 64-bit
Startup media: USB storage media (USB 2)
Started with: Legacy BIOS (this laptop doesn’t have UEFI)
Boot options: Default
CPU: Intel Atom N450
GPU: Intel GMA 3150
Sound cards: Intel NM10/ICH7 HDA Controller
Networking cards: Realtek RTL81xE PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller and Broadcom BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY
USB types: 3 USB 2.0
Webcams: HP Webcam-50, not recognized, not working
Memory: 2 GB DDR2
CPU manufacturer: Intel
Share on GitHub: Yes
SD cards: Yes, working
Sound status: Sound card recognized, volume control works, sound not playing
Networking status: Ethernet works, WiFi doesn’t work (needs proprietary firmware, Linux installs it with b43-fwcutter, more info here)
Graphics status: Works out of the box
Power status: Battery appears, PowerStatus reports percentage fine
Restarting: Works fine
Additional notes:

• Bluetooth works
  • Touchpad is Synaptics, edge scrolling works, right click doesn’t work, unlike my Acer here it gets recognized as a PS/2 mouse instead of a touchpad, configure as a 1 button mouse and use ctrl+click to right click
  • VGA port not tested
  • When inserting an SD card reader Haiku becomes unresponsive for about 30 seconds, after that it works and can read the card
  • Mic is recognized but SoundRecorder doesn’t record anything

Contributor: anon again
Contribution date: 2020-06-23 15:52 UTC

PS: I also updated my previous posts (Hana and Acer) to add more details about the hardware.

Sorry it’s taken much longer than usual to get the list updated! I’d been working on UI concepts shown in posts here and here and so it’s taken a while to get back to the HCL – that said, the entries that have been waiting to be added have today :grinning:

Thank you everyone for your patience and for your hardware contributions! :slight_smile:

To add new hardware:

Thank you everyone!

2 Likes

12 days later (and yet another mockup, which is what again slowed me down), I have finally updated the hardware list again! :slight_smile: Thanks Jeremy Passarelli, RLeonhardt, and the anonymous contributor for your contributions!

To add new hardware:

Method 1: The easiest way is to use the Add Hardware form (v6.20) powered by Google Forms.

Thank you everyone!

Thank you to the anonymous contributor for testing your HP Envy; this should now be listed on the hardware list page and GitHub :slight_smile:

To add new hardware:

Method 1: The easiest way is to use the Add Hardware form (v6.20) powered by Google Forms.

Thank you everyone!

Thank you @Kitsune64 for testing out your Pavilion dv5000! It’s now listed on the hardware list page and GitHub :slight_smile:

To add new hardware:

Thank you everyone!

First thank you Lacey and the anonymous contributor for your hardware submissions! These have been added to haiku-computer-list on GitHub and to the hardware list page. :slight_smile:

Improvements

In between the last update and this one, several updates have been made to several areas of this project:

• The biggest changes are to the haiku-computer-list GitHub repo. To make it easier for Haiku developers to parse contributed entries, these are now stored in YAML format, and in addition there are also JSON and plain text versions as well. All old files have been archived and labelled “r1_beta1” and any files in the current release cycle are “r1_beta2” which should make it clear what belongs to what, both now and in future release cycles (like R1/beta3, R1 itself, etc).
  • The hardware form version has been updated to match the current cycle (beta2) with revision beta2.7.22 (for 22 July) instead of the weird way numbers were assigned before. And its also been quietly tweaked to make Google Forms output easier to deal with across formats.

To add new hardware:

Method 1: The easiest way is to use the Add Hardware form (beta2.7.22) powered by Google Forms.

Thank you everyone!

Thank you to the anonymous contributor(s) for submitting new contributions! These should be both on GitHub and the hardware list page (see links below entries):

To add new hardware:

Method 1: The easiest way is to use the Add Hardware form (beta2.7.22) powered by Google Forms.

Thank you everyone!

Thank you to the Linux Lounge, Nomadic Dmitry, Fredericke for your hardware contributions :slight_smile: Submitted hardware has been added to the hardware list and GitHub

Please note: A new “review notes” section has been added. This is because I’ve noticed some input from the forms doesn’t make sense; for example, a 2020 MBP was noted as having a working SD card reader. If there are review notes that have been added in error, please post a reply here…

To add new hardware:

Thank you everyone!

After a long break away from maintaining this list, I’m back! :smiley: Huge thanks to everyone who’s submitted hardware entries while I’ve taken a break from the HCL – the entries should now be on the Haiku Computer List website, GitHub, and as always are posted here too :slight_smile:

To add new hardware:

Thank you everyone!

1 Like

Thanks to the anonymous contributor for testing your Dell Dimension machine with Haiku! (Please note that this customized machine has been filed under desktops and workstations since the model is from an OEM (Dell)).

To add new hardware:

Thank you everyone!

wait… was there ever a Socket 478 machine with EFI boot support? This looks off specially because the additional notes claiming it has Windows 98 installed.

1 Like

From what I could gather from the report, driver installers were mentioned for Windows 98 - 7 for the ST1000BT32 ethernet card, not that the PC itself ran 98. Also thought I’d mention jic of confusion the additional notes are all one initially… but are broken up into parts to make it easier to parse for YAML and JSON formats (so parts 1, 2, and 3 here are one part just split up). If this has a 32-bit P4, I doubt this old machine has EFI, man… but I’m far from a PC expert — if I or the contributor got something messed up please let everyone know so it can be fixed :slight_smile:

Thank you to the anonymous contributor, and also to Kamino, Alberto, and Marabu for your contributions! These should now be on GitHub and the hardware list page (and here as well):

To add new hardware:

Thank you everyone!

Thank you April J, Druaga1, ralf for testing your hardware with Haiku! These should now be visible below, at the Haiku Computer List and the haiku-computer-list on GitHub .

To add new hardware:

Thank you everyone!

Sorry everyone it’s taken a long time to get this updated; I’ve been on a personal search plus other stuff so I’m not as active on this as I should be. Thanks for your patience with me Haikuers!

Also thanks to all the contributors this cycle for testing your hardware with :fallen_leaf: Haiku! :smiley: These should now be visible below, at the Haiku Computer List and the haiku-computer-list on GitHub .

To add new hardware:

Thank you everyone!

1 Like

More to the point, thank YOU.

1 Like