Compiling QWK Reader for Haiku

Have attempted to compile TitanMail QWK reader to read BBS messages offline. Have made it to “cmake” and “make” in QT5 without any issue. When I do “make install” this is the error message I get:

~/Desktop/Home/TitanMail-build> make install
[ 2%] Automatic MOC and UIC for target QuaZip
[ 2%] Built target QuaZip_autogen
[ 50%] Built target QuaZip
[ 52%] Automatic MOC and UIC for target TitanMail
[ 52%] Built target TitanMail_autogen
[100%] Built target TitanMail
Install the project…
– Install configuration: “”
– Installing: /boot/system/lib/libquazip1-qt5.so.1.3
CMake Error at /boot/home/Desktop/Home/Desktop/Home/TitanMail-build/quazip/quazip/cmake_install.cmake:52 (file):
file INSTALL cannot copy file
“/boot/home/TitanMail-build/quazip/quazip/libquazip1-qt5.so.1.3” to
“/boot/system/lib/libquazip1-qt5.so.1.3”: Read-only file system.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
/boot/home/Desktop/Home/Desktop/Home/TitanMail-build/quazip/cmake_install.cmake:42 (include)
/boot/home/Desktop/Home/Desktop/Home/Desktop/Home/TitanMail-build/cmake_install.cmake:42 (include)

Makefile:99: recipe for target ‘install’ failed
make: *** [install] Error 1

Note: I can run TitanMail from the TitanMail-build folder and the program runs. Even uploaded it to my BBS hub and others have shown me the program does work. On the other hand…tried to move the whole “TitanMail-build” folder to a netbook I have setup another copy of Haiku on real hardware.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you!

You cannot install to /boot/system directly in this way. So you need to configure it to install to /boot/system/non-packaged instead. There is probably some command line flag to pass to cmake to set this (sometimes called CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX or something similar) but it can change from project to project. So you have to check TitanMail QWK build documentation to find the correct flag.

Then your “make install” will work.

Thank you so much for the information. Sounds simple & once I do this…will be proud of having my 1st compiled program which will be usable by others.

We do have quazip in our depot :slight_smile: check in Terminal with “pkgman search quazip1” (got a local copy that’s the latest version but at least TeXstudio would need a rebuild for that then) :slight_smile: