Compile in Alpha4

Please, say how i can compile Haiku in Haiku Alpha4?

Another victim from alpha4? Dont use it download the last nigghties c:

Why Alpha4 version is bad? :), where file system it’s rw, - this no bad, for userland, imho :blush: , and alpha4 - work very good :slight_smile:
Ok :), may be you say me please, how are compile, offline, in nightly. I download nightly build, and compile? ./configure && jam haiku-nightly - this is satis for good complete?.. :slight_smile:

Buildtools in nightly builds there is,
I git clone, source’s, after this,
./configure --use-gcc-pipe --no-downloads --target-arch x86_gcc2
jam -q @nightly-raw
Resul:
BUILD FAILURE
…filed updating 111 targets(s)…
…skipped 1628 targets…
…updated 11319 targets

Please say what i do not true? :slight_smile:

–use-gcc-pipe : Build with GCC option -pipe. Speeds up the build
process, but uses more memory.
–no-downloads : Do not download anything. Useful when trying to
bootstrap and build Haiku from source only.

Why did you using theese? Are you bootstrapping Haiku for a new arch? I don’t think so. You have to enable downloads to build Haiku normally, as it pulls prebuilt hpkgs from HaikuPorts during the process.

Have you tried to build without this special options? Does it worked?

What is your host? A4 or nightly?
Wich architecture? GCC2h or 64 bit?
Please, try to be helpful to let us be helpful to you.

If you tried to build like written here: haiku/ReadMe.Compiling.md at master · haiku/haiku · GitHub
and still have problem, use the bugtracker here:

https://dev.haiku-os.org/

I installed A4, and after this, - nightly,
architecture - x86_gcc2

Then it won’t work.
https://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/PackageManagement/Bootstrapping

I wonder, but what kind of rake is this? I understand that without a network Haiku not compiled? … It is necessary in any case, even the specified items in the bootstrap download?

I have no experiences with bootstrapping Haiku but according to my information networking connection is mandatory. The Haiku devs outsourced plenty integral parts to HaikuPorts, so they needs to be downloaded during the build process.

Bootstrapping is not an everyday task, it gets less testing, it could be broken on some host OS, etc., and if you really want to bootstrap Haiku, then first try to get as much information as possible about the bootstrapping process, the haiku code, the build process, etc, so just read the code.

But building Haiku isn’t an everyday task, and bootstrapping absolutely not an easy ride so be prepared to bugs and problems. If you met with problems, you may get help at the Haiku mailing lists, but this isn’t the right place for your questions.

BTW, according to the Bootstrapping guide you can’t bootstrap Haiku from Haiku.

You most likely do not want to perform a bootstrap build. You can drop files manually into the download folder and they will not be re-downloaded. But yes, the main supported way of building Haiku is to let the buildsystem handle this.

Bootstrapping has been used only once to get things started. It is currently broken and we do not consider that a high priority problem. Help is welcome in getting it working again, still, but expect a difficult path for that.