Can't build from sources

I want build newest image myself from sources. I install to my computer Haiku R1 Alpha 4.1. Successfully download sources by help commands:git clone git://git.haiku-os.org/haiku
andgit clone git://git.haiku-os.org/buildtools
but by command./configure
I get the error./configure: line 702: package: command not found
Unsupported target architecture: ""
If I write commands./configure --target-arch x86_gcc2
I get additional errorsUnsupported target architecture: “x86_gcc2”. Only native architectures of the host platform can be specified.
./configure: line 209: -print-libgcc-file-name: command not found
dirname: missing operand
Try ‘dirname --help’ for more information.
./configure: line 212: -dumpversion: command not found
./configure: line 213: -dumpmachine: command not found

Where is my error? Before I build Haiku R1 Alpha 2 w/o any problems on PC under Haiku from svn repositories. Long time not use Haiku and want recall this OS. Please help me…

Why are you building it yourself? You can use the prebuilt nightly images from http://haiku-files.org/haiku/development/.

Read the ReadMe file inside the directory you pulled down from git, it will tell you the configure line to use. There is one version for configuring from within Haiku and another from Linux with a few additional steps.

If you want to build yourself, I don’t think you can use alpha 4 anymore because it’s too old. Start with installing a nightly as suggested above, then try to build from there. The “package” command is a recent addition to Haiku, so alpha4 doesn’t have it.

[quote=waddlesplash]Why are you building it yourself?[/quote]I want make some changes in few modules for my future project.[quote=jscipione]Read the ReadMe file inside the directory you pulled down from git, it will tell you the configure line to use. There is one version for configuring from within Haiku and another from Linux with a few additional steps.[/quote]Yes, of course I use correct configure line.[quote=PulkoMandy]If you want to build yourself, I don’t think you can use alpha 4 anymore because it’s too old. Start with installing a nightly as suggested above, then try to build from there. The “package” command is a recent addition to Haiku, so alpha4 doesn’t have it.[/quote]Very thanks!! I update revision on my computer to last build (hrev46641) and problem was fixed.