Can i run haiku on my pc?

OK here is my specs BELOW. Also I am asking before I install and waste my time don’t really want to waste time.

CPU: intel pentium g3258 anniversary edition

GPU: MSI radeon r7 260x

Motherboard: gigabyte H81M-DS2V(rev1.0)

i cant confirm that it would run 100% but from what i checke with the bugtracker it should at least boot.
Your grafikcard will not be supported from what i know but this doesent matter as veas is fast enought :slight_smile: atm.

once you created a usb stick if it fails just press shift while booting select the safemode option and it will work i am pretty shure :slight_smile:

Here you can find som aditional informations:
https://www.haiku-os.org/docs/userguide/en/bootloader.html

OK… I cannot get Haiku to boot on my Dell Vostro 200 from either a thumb drive or DVD. It locks up and also messes up something that requires I unplug the power, hold the on/off switch for about 10 sec then plug the power back in or it will not boot anything. I know it sounds crazy, but that is all that works. I know it is old and slow but it really works well. I currently dual boot Ubuntu 16.04 64bit and Windows 10 64bit without any problems. Specs below…
Memory: 4 GB
Processor: Genuine Intel CPU 2140 @ 1.60GHzx2
Graphics: Gallium 0.4 on ATI RV370
Disk: 1TB
BIOS: 16.0 (Most current from Dell)

Does anyone have a clue why it will not boot Haiku and why (or what) gets clobbered (technical term) when it locks up???

[quote=Ex-IBM]OK… I cannot get Haiku to boot on my Dell Vostro 200 from either a thumb drive or DVD. It locks up and also messes up something that requires I unplug the power, hold the on/off switch for about 10 sec then plug the power back in or it will not boot anything. I know it sounds crazy, but that is all that works. I know it is old and slow but it really works well.

Does anyone have a clue why it will not boot Haiku and why (or what) gets clobbered (technical term) when it locks up???[/quote]

The best bet which you can do is to open a ticket on the bug tracker: https://dev.haiku-os.org/ here, with the help of developers, you can submit your syslog (also boot Haiku with the “on screen debug” option activated) to investigate and maybe solve your troubles :slight_smile:

Also remember, when you submit a ticket, to specify the hrev of Haiku which you currently run on your computer.

Did you tried holding shift down and selecting the save boot options?