BeGeistert 2018 - Registration deadline - 01-04. November 2018

We should hold this discussion on top?

Pinned. You should remind people on the mailing lists as well. Many subscribers there donā€™t often come into the forums.

3 Likes

I had no idea about this event, until this thread resurfaced, and September wouldā€™ve been great but the registration page now says November. That overlaps with a birthday I canā€™t miss, so Iā€™m bummed. And it was just two days ago that I read fishing is allowed permit-free in Hamburg and I pinned the city on my list, just in case I ever get there.

Is the date really set in stone for the first days of November? :expressionless:

Hello Nico,

the date is fixed. No other date is possible this year in Hamburg.
Too bad that it is not possible for you.

lorglas.

The last two days to register now.

http://registration.besly.de/index.php

Hi, I would be glad if we could forgive the last bed. Please look again, if you can not set it up yet.

ONLY ONE BED LEFT

The link for the registration is still open.

Thank you.

lorglas

3 Likes

Hello everybody, all beds are occupied. No more space available. Only day visitors are possible.

3 Likes

I want to thanks All fĆ¼r this fĆ¼r very great days on begeistert. I have leared so much thinks about WonderBrush, icon o matic and much more. Interesting talking and reviews of great, innovative Applikationen. I hope for some more informative article about.

4 Likes

Hi!
Do you plan to organize a BeGeistert in 2019? Or should I set up something in Toulouse again?

3 Likes

If it helps I may be able to organise free office space and breakfast and a meet up in our pivotal offices in London. Not asked yet but I know we have done similar before.

London would be great. We have an office somewhere in England, can make a trip to the office as en excuse to go to BeGeistert in London. (Appareantly the office is in Cirencester close to London).

1 Like

Sure, moving to different places is a nice thing too. And less organizing work for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ll ask the reception team thenā€¦ Any particular time of year???

hello,
this year it is complicated with me. my son comes to school and the holidays are then the school holidays. London would be cool, I have not been there yet. The weekend around 31.10 - 2.11 would be good. There I am free and there would be enough time to organize for Adam.

1 Like

For Hamburg,
it could be from my side again the same period as last year.
Say 31.10-3.11.
I think it will be just as expensive as last year if not a little more. Furthermore, we certainly have to take the rooms over the entire period. What you could try would be to get the newer rooms.
london appeals to me a lot.

The hotel near our office (the Z hotel Shoreditch) has rooms from 87.50 per night around that time of yearā€¦ Not sure if this is too expensive for everyone? Premier inn shoreditch it around 63 per night, thatā€™s just over the road.

Let me know the boundaries and Iā€™ll see what is possible.

I does not know if it makes sense to think about London before the bexit is not done, becasue we does not know the real costs. That if the bexit is clear and done and the pices exporing?

On the other side 87,50ā‚¬? per nigth is to much for me. But i really like the idear to visit London :slight_smile:

Ah Brexit will be done by next Friday, itā€™ll be fine! :wink:

Iā€™ll look in to options anyway.

The date can be whatever fits you. Usually itā€™s october or november (Haiku does like autumn leaves, it seems). It used to be a bit later but the weather in Dusseldorf wasnā€™t always great. At some point there were events every 6 months, even.

As for the price, both Haiku, inc. and the HSA may be able to contribute to the funding to keep costs acceptable for people attending. In 2017 in Toulouse, we had to pay 50ā‚¬ per day for the conference room, and 66ā‚¬ per day for hosting, including shared 2-bed bedrooms, breakfast, lunch and dinner. There were 7 persons attending and the event lasted a full week. The total cost was about 2000ā‚¬, which were covered by Haiku inc and the HSA. People attending made donations to both in order to help them cover the costs.

The event was held in a conference center thatā€™s a little outside the city and on the edge of public transport options. Thatā€™s not perfect but it allows for lower prices. Everyone managed to get there, still!

3 Likes