Back from FOSDEM!

So, I just arrived from Brussels back home. One more FOSDEM done. As always it was action-packed, and I couldn’t clone myself enough times to see everything. The fact that we had the booth and that 3 out of the 4 talks I proposed were accepted probably didn’t help.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.haiku-os.org/blog/mmu_man/2017-02-09_back_from_fosdem/
1 Like

Of course the BBC have largely abandon the micro:bit handing it over to the Micro:bit Foundation so it’s now more of the “Micro:bit micro:bit” than “BBC micro:bit”

Definitely, Haiku and ReactOS will be the “Pirates of Silicon Valley 2.0”. Both operating systems are making history. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Reactos, which built upon on leaked Windows sources (even if they always say that it’s lie) is a useless project, which trying to put his hands into Russian budget like other thieves with their linux distros do.

I recommend the Haiku team to avoid them in sake of good reputation.

Great summary, will check out your videos! Good to see Haiku getting exposure :slight_smile:

EDIT: Checked out the retro video… note that the early palm devices can boot uclinux (but they have no MMU, mmu_man) in some cases!

Reactos, which built upon on leaked Windows sources (even if they
always say that it’s lie) is a useless project, which trying to put his
hands into Russian budget like other thieves with their linux distros
do.

As I understood it there were one or two devs who used leaked sources and they purged their commits and re-did them from scratch? They certainly don’t seem to be attracting any law suits.

Are you totally paranoiac or is it just an idea i have about yourself ?

I have removed you’re other post that contained, besides more slandering, homophobic hate speech. Please take your hateful postings elsewhere. There are enough places on the net that appreciate your ideologies. We don’t want them here.

1 Like

Okay.
Just remember: system without head is completely useless.
Good night.

@mmu_man’s interview and talks are now up:

(@mmu_man: feel free to add to the main blog post.)

There’s also a brief chat with someone at the Haiku stand on the latest Linux Voice podcast

Chris

Does Haiku have support for decoding Sorenson Video 3 files in the browser? Just to know. Just curious c:

Excuse me what? ReactOS is completely build from scratch. Please stop making these useless and misunderstanding stuffs for ReactOS. If you don’t believe, please check the source code and try to find anything that is directly copied from the leaked source code.
I guarantee you that you cannot find it.