Anyone else having flicker issues with Haikuwebkit 1.9.0

WebKit2 is multithreaded. It’s listed as a work in progress.

WebKit Legacy is the single-threaded variant used by current WebPositive.

Based on the version numbers, he’s updating to a newer version of HaikuWebKit to test out making Web+ better.

Is he now…? that remains to be seen, you’ ve naively answered my questions and you’re naively waiting for him to update the Webkit port, no offence meant though, except he is a not dev and he has been doing this kind of posts for ages without providing any actual work or something that remotely looks like a patch, and it’s getting annoying now to have to go through his posts all the time.

Hmm… that is odd… I actually post screenshots of the builds I’ve compiled and posted github snapshots of what I’ve updated (or merged)…

If you’re going down that road to spout your annoyances and defamatory remarks… have proof… I do…

Answering your question, I’m compiling the official snapshot posted on github. I’ll post bug reports otherwise…

Note: My test builds are mainly to examine efforts to merge upstream and working state.

Yes i don"t deny you publish posts all the time, in fact i said so myself.

I don’t need to prove anything, you need to show us your work you’ve been claiming for so long.

Oh man… here we go again, show us one PR/patch or one link to your PR’s.

You are being willfully of a trollish nature… cancel culturish…

3 Likes

Can someone please split this thread?, it’s derailing to insults.

1 Like

For the record, my first patch was merged today: https://review.haiku-os.org/c/haiku/+/5873

Also, for the record, if @cocobean is testing code he’s already doing something. He doesn’t need to submit a patch as long as he’s filing bug reports for the bugs he finds.

2 Likes

Official: haikuwebkit`1.9.2 (b6799d3, Webkit 615.1.10)

• Successfully compiled. Confirmed - no flickering issues on several tested web pages.
10 Likes

I can confirm pretty bad flickering with HaikuWebkit 1.9.1

I really don’t know why you keep replying to me even though my comments were never addressed to you, will you please stop that?

1 Like

If you don’t want public comment, keep your private remarks to private messages and email.

Public or not it is unpolite and rude to get in the middle of a conversation between 2 people and blindly take side without knowing the background of what led to that subject, in fact i have no doubt that you still don’t have a clue what this is all about.

If it were between 2 people then it wouldn’t be public, would it? Should it? If you want privacy, settle it privately. If you want people to rudely butt in and make uninformed interjections and remark at the expense of the two of you, keep posting publicly.

4 Likes

Really???.
Ok i’m done replying to you.

Guys can you do me a favor and continue bickering at each other in private messages.
Thank you :wink:

8 Likes

Naaah…, It’s not worth the effort, as i said i’m done replying to him, and sorry for the disturbance.

Yeah, Thanks to pulkomandy and the other devs, the real ones who did the actual work.

What is with everyones attitudes lately? Everything on this forum doesn’t have to devolve into a bicker nor a flame war. The majority of you are better than this and I don’t feel these attitudes are conductive to a positive environment nor are doing any good for the project as a whole.

It’s not just this thread, either, seems like everyones in a poor mood lately.

12 Likes

It’s the european winter, lack of sunlight exposure leads to winter depression.

1 Like

That’s why you have flicker issues with Haikuwebkit :rofl: ?

1 Like