Announcement: New/updated in HaikuDepot (2020)

Are you running 32bit or 64bit Haiku? Here on 32bit it seems to be ok

Tested on 64bit

Just tested on 64bit nightly (with a full-sync before) and running fine here:

1 Like

Finaly finished the needed changes for tox and added a recipe for qTox :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just when I was happy that Telegram was available for Haiku, here comes something new again!
Thanks for the work!
What’s missing now is that one of three of my external webcams is supported, maybe also one of two (more) internal ones…

Not going to happen here, don’t want others to peek into our home :stuck_out_tongue:

This is not a hopeful answer!
With my son (who lives on the opposite side of the earth) always and with me:

• USB webcams are only connected when necessary!
  • internal webcams + micro (notebook) are masked!
  • Alexa & Co. do not come into our house!
2 Likes

Didn’t want it to come over that hard, we are lucky that our family is close by (although I have to admit that I’ve used Skype to talk to our grandchildren also at one point)

I uninstalled Skype because my son, who lives on the other side of the world (with his wife and three children = my grandchildren), prefers DISCORD, although he (also) had to install Telegram because of an important contact.
That benefits me (and both of us) because I can communicate with him (in writing, sharing photos and files) while Haiku is on!
WebCam for Telegram (or qTox) is sorely missed!

1 Like

Maybe one day :slight_smile:

This is too little! Without (this and a few others) Haiku will not become a (special) everyday OS … for users, but for ‘*freaks’ who use Linux every day anyway, or are ‘at home’ in the Mac world, or on many Dance ‘Weddings’ !
Haiku is now very well equipped with (ported) applications. These only have to be able to be used in a stable and beneficial way (in combination, depending on the user profile)!