Animated haiku logo

In reading the latest news concerning the AmigaONE X1000’s new “start up sound” (which is utterly awful, in my estimation), I got to thinking about the start up sound I created, awhile back, for Haiku. It was done, with the mental image of the three leaves of the Haiku logo drifting down from above, and falling into place.

If anyone is interested in helping realize this “promo”, let me know. I will send the MIDI sample for incorporation into the animation.

How about something simple like: “Ahhhhh…” As in ah, an OS that works and it’s not MS! OK, sorry had to slip in that one but a little humor in our computer world goes a long way.

I kind of like it myself. Feel it works nicely for an AmigaOne X1000.

I have to hand it though to the troops that made the X1000 happen, at least it got done.

As much as I am a BeBox owner and lover, and like Haiku, I like how the Amiga community gets new hardware for their favorite OS.

I am not a fan of trying to get a generic system working with an OS that I want to use and much prefer how Be did it before with BeBox and how Amiga is doing it with 2 different companies offering main boards that run their OSes.

Even though they are pricey, at least I know I have a decent chance the OS will run nicely on it.

I have been waiting for that HaikuBox for a while and sad we have to do so much guess-work to get a basic system for those interested in Haiku to use it on.

This one no sound, this one no network, this one no… it gets old.

Anyway, like the new startup sound not only for how it sounds but that it represents tons of hard work done by A-eon and others to make a new NG Amiga for those that want one.

Tell me a HaikuBox dedicated to run Haiku is coming out and the OS will be built around it, tell the price is even high at $2K to $3K, and I would buy one today.

Still have my BeBox in my main office and would digg a dedicated real HaikuBox to run alongside it.

tj

I like the idea of the animated haiku logo with leaves falling into place… that’d be great

3 years later…

Anyone want my MIDI (.MP3 format) for the animated logo? If anyone is interested in doing the animated logo, I’ve got the “MIDI bit” for it…

Sure, I’ll take a listen.

Man, been awhile since I posted and you (waddlesplash) responded (been that long since I last was able to get in here?)… I’ll see about getting that MIDI in .MP3 format and upload it here for everyone’s listening enjoyment! :smiley:

Oh… ok… guess I can’t upload anything but image formats? Oh, well…

Put it on BeShare… :grinning:

And how do I do that on a PC laptop running Windows 10? I’d like to use Haiku exclusively, but I can’t just yet. :frowning:

If you’re on Facebook (who isn’t?) search for Jared Falvo and PM me or, if you Email me at: luposian@cox.net, I can send you the file that way.

OK, Luposian sent me the logo theme – and another “bit”, so if anyone would like to check them out they’re at:

http://goodeveca.net/Luposian