First all the kudos for great work etc etc… however I have a few humble wishes which I hope might get changed about the project (despite the fact that I’m not in a position to make wishes really =( ).
- Write a new newsletter… last one is from May
- Write another item on the site (1/month must be possible).
- Make it easy for contributors. The achilles heel for Haiku/BeOS has always been drivers. Sure we have bedrivers, but wouldn’t it be nice to just put up “what you can do for us” and list 5 drivers from each area where they are needed. 5 GFX, 5 MIDI, 5 Network, 5 Mobos, 5 soundcards. Either donate (code bounty/open donation) or advice people to code.
- I know code is more important than status updates, however Kernel hasn’t moved a tiny bit in 3 years, I can’t imagine that to be true. Can it just move one more step ? Or is it really as bad as it says on Status?
- Make a list of what we lack before we see something boot with GUI and every time an obstacle is removed, take it away so we can see what is happening in an easier way =)
Whether you like my wishes or not, please just take those into considerations that you do think are wise…
Either way, your work is appreciated…